Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

windows dont work but sun roof does?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crstump

Name : Corey
Merit : 1

windows dont work but sun roof does? Empty
PostSubject: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 pm

iv taken a look at the fuses and all that good stuff but the only fuse to the windows and the sun roof, but the sunroof works so idk what to do.

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:06 am

Check for a hot thermal breaker under the back seat.
Back to top Go down
crstump

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:56 pm

if thats the huge fuse lookin thing i already checked it, its good. my dad says if the driver side switch goes out it will cause the pasenger side switch to not work? summer weather is coming and im not the A/C type person. so this needs to be fixed asap.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 am

Might be a break in the power wires in the driver side door jamb.
Back to top Go down
crstump

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:47 pm

ok so iv tested power goin to the window motors. there is power!!! exept when i hit the button goin down, after more and more testin for about, an hour, iv come to a conclusion that its the modular power window controler. when i try rolling window down and this unit makes a single "tick" noise, the light on the tester ( had it touching the blue wire to the window motor, it does the same with the brown wire if im recalling right ) barley even lights up then it makes another tick then light goes away, this happens within half a second. anyone ever had to replace this? damn electrical stuff dont want to buy it then not be the problem and cant return the part bs . the part number is 25614182. does any one know if the driver side modular goes out it will cause the passenger side not to work as well? and i also broke 2 of the 3 clip things that hold the bottom half of the door panel on, the plastic is all dry roted and very weak.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 am

Corey,
Did you look at the wire bundles in the rubber sleeve between the door and body as Albert suggested? Wire breaks are VERY COMMON there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:52 am

As for those plastic hooks at door bottom, you can fabricate replacements out of sheet aluminum or sheet steel, make backing plates out of the same stuff, and epoxy and poprivet them into place.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:53 am

LARRY70GS wrote:
Corey,
Did you look at the wire bundles in the rubber sleeve between the door and body as Albert suggested? Wire breaks are VERY COMMON there.

X2
Back to top Go down
crstump

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 pm

if the wires were broke power wouldnt get to the motor would it? and if its a ground wire broken what color would it be? im not very good at the electrical stuff, everyone iv talked to says it makes since that the modular is broken, but i do see what you guys are sayin, i have pulled the rubber over a lil and peaked in the cables looked like there in tacked but they can still be broke on the inside. on the modular system there is 4 metal tabs the plug into the wire, one is always hot, the second one is for the driver side down switch, the 3rd one is for driver side up, and the forth one is for passenger window switch up and down.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:17 am

An intermittent short in the cables could fry the module.

So be sure to check the wiring before you replace the module.
Back to top Go down
crstump

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:38 am

git it fixed today, you was right there was a wire broken in the jam, but i did still have to replace the module, just went and got it from a local junk yard.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 am

Glad you fixed it.

Does that yard have a riv with a white (not pearl) trunk lid, I am looking for one....
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:01 pm

wheres the local yard? if it has rivs i need to know lol
Back to top Go down
crstump

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:41 pm

no riv in this on, just pulled it off a 2 door grand am, but iv heard of a yard near me in ky louisville with a couple rivs, have not had the chance to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: windows dont work but sun roof does?   windows dont work but sun roof does? Empty

Back to top Go down

windows dont work but sun roof does?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General-
Jump to: