Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

defrost issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
highwaywarrior
Fanatic

Name : daryl
Merit : 2

defrost issues Empty
PostSubject: defrost issues   defrost issues EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:01 am

As of right now, only the left side of.my windshield defrosts, the right side doesnt, it.continues to blow cokd air on.that side wtf
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

defrost issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: defrost issues   defrost issues EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:36 am

highwaywarrior wrote:
As of right now, only the left side of.my windshield defrosts, the right side doesnt, it.continues to blow cokd air on.that side wtf

this won't be too difficult to fix, just tedious and a bit time consuming.

Most likely the "blend door" in your car's HVAC dampers has become stuck or inoperable. There are writeups on the site for this. You probably ought to skim this writeup:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t2500-write-up-hvac-assembly#27279

it has videos and other information telling you how to deal with most of the mechanical problems that come up with the car's HVAC air handler, among other things. You will want to skim the whole thread before you start wrenching. I think the actuators are still available new but don't quote me on that; they are not high wear items so they are not a bad bet as pulls from a junkyard -- like most GM common hard parts they are not hard to get.

Albertj

Back to top Go down

defrost issues
Page 1 of 1