Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickDunbar
Special

Name : Jim
Merit : 0

Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera Empty
PostSubject: Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera   Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:22 pm

help I'm repairing my Climate Control circuit board lighting. I've successfully replaced the bulbs and re-soldered the resistors, but I like to know if anyone knows the part number for the amber diodes--I'd also like a part number for the red one too that some of you have placed in the "OFF" position. Finally, is there a part number for installing a green diode in the "Auto" position? You guys really do a good job of providing a lot of detail. Thanks in advance for your help...

--Jim
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera   Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I don't know if we have any specific part number for the LED's, but they're 3mm LED's, 12 volt obviously. I put a red one in my other unit (before it bit the dust) and it looked awesome. I know at my local Radio Shack(s) they had a few colors of the little 3mm LED's. Just in case, make sure you solder in the new LEDs with the polarity in the same direction!

smile
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera   Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:28 am

Z-type wrote:
I don't know if we have any specific part number for the LED's, but they're 3mm LED's, 12 volt obviously. I put a red one in my other unit (before it bit the dust) and it looked awesome. I know at my local Radio Shack(s) they had a few colors of the little 3mm LED's. Just in case, make sure you solder in the new LEDs with the polarity in the same direction!

smile

The LEDs are not 12v - look at the board carefully. They are driven by a driver circuit, probably running 5.2 v or so.

You can use colored LEDs same size, just watch not to get them too bright (check lumen specs).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera   Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera Empty

Back to top Go down

Climate Control - circuit board repair--97 Riviera
Page 1 of 1