Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? Empty
PostSubject: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:17 pm

So, I thought my 1995 Riviera was painted "Light Adriatic Metallic" (WA-173A), and it really does look like a light silver/blue to me and my family.

However, today I was ordering some touch-up paint, I noticed that my RPO code was WA-U129A which is "Light Teal Metallic/Silver Teal Metallic" and looking at the online paint chip, it seems reasonable.

Other than the two "gold" and one black Rivieras I've seen in junk yards, I've never seen another of this generation Riviera in person, certainly not a confirmed ""Light Adriatic Metallic" next to a "Light Teal Metallic/Silver Teal Metallic". So I have no point of reference. Are these colors very close in appearance? The color chip seems like they may be.

Just curiuos.
Al
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Here is a complete list of the exterior colors available on the 95.

14 Light Windsor Gray Metallic
16 Bright White
18 Dark Jadestone Metallic
30 Adriatic Blue Metallic
34 Light Jadestone Metallic
36 Light Adriatic Blue Metallic
41 Black
72 Ruby Red Metallic
77 Dark Cherry Metallic
83 Platinum Beige Metallic
89 Dark Platinum Beige Metallic
91 Smokey Amethyst Metallic

Looking at the color options from 96-99 as well, There is no "Light Teal Metallic/Silver Teal Metallic" listed. From this I'm assuming that it is simply a more current blend of the same or near-same gm color option.
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Yeah, I really think my color looks "light silver blue" but my RPO defnitely reads WA129A *shrug*

And here is a thread here that really does look like my color, so it must be it:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t7994-95-light-jadestone-metallic-dirty

This is the list generated at:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/buick/1995/riviera/

125A, 89, WA125A Medium Mushroom Metallic
129A, 34, WA129A Light Teal Metallic/Silver Teal Metallic
14, 9789, WA9789 Light Gray Metallic
16, 9753, WA9753 Bright White
173A, 36, WA173A Light Adriatic Metallic
179A, 83, WA179A Light Antelope Metallic
18, 9795, WA9795 Dark Green Gray Metallic
30, 9907, WA9907 Adriatic Blue Metallic
41, 8555, WA8555 Black
72, 8979, WA8979 Medium Garnet Red Metallic/Med. Garnet Red Met.
77, 9800, WA9800 Dark Cherry Metallic
91, 9926, WA9926 Purple Pearl
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:09 pm

The list I posted is what gm offered in 95, taken from the ROA database. Some colors names change and the current touchup list would have the names of what's available as of now. Perhaps it is the same color/diff name?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:50 pm

Hey Al,

I think the light teal metallic/silver teal metallic is the same as the Light Jadestone Metallic, just a different name and they are very close in color!

Here is RidzRiv's (Greg) Light Jadestone Metallic Riv

Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? 6f741e37-9e6c-464c-a5c5-e1b965db6b1d_zps98b4e28d

And heres IBx1's (Ilan) former Light Adriatic Metallic Riv

Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? 1ef14e47-fb86-49f3-8f21-27d2c9e097e8_zpse141cfc7

They're close enough that from picture to picture, its tough to tell which is which!
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Light Teal Metallic : code 34 WA129A
Light Adriatic Metallic : code 36 WA173A

Sorry Junior! wink
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:10 am

The light Jadestone Metallic is the one Im confused about! I think that one is also code 34.
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:16 am

I am right there with you in confusion. I too have a 1995 silver/blue (but not light blue) riv that need some touch up.

I thought I remembered being able to find a thread on here that took you to a website that allowed you to put in your VIN number and receive all the info and options associated with your car. I would also tell you how unique it was and how many were produced exactly the same.

Unable to tell my paint code from the VIN, I took a picture of the two stickers on the driver's side door to later decode for the paint but it doesn't seem to be on there either. Where can I find this? Most websites are leading me astray.

BTW I no longer own the Riv in my sig so I'm not looking for green. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:32 am

llamalor2112 wrote:
The list I posted is what gm offered in 95, taken from the ROA database. Some colors names change and the current touchup list would have the names of what's available as of now. Perhaps it is the same color/diff name?

Gotcha, understand completely cool

I was just sharing the funky names the touchup company was using.

What's really funny to me is that in the two photo examples posted above, the "Adriatic Blue" looks to have more of a green tint than the other! I'm sure the true color is more evident in person, under Sunlight of course.

I'm somewhat surprised that GM spent the money to have two colors so close in appearance versus having more clearly different variety.

Al
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:37 am

Andysdorm wrote:
I am right there with you in confusion. I too have a 1995 silver/blue (but not light blue) riv that need some touch up.

I thought I remembered being able to find a thread on here that took you to a website that allowed you to put in your VIN number and receive all the info and options associated with your car. I would also tell you how unique it was and how many were produced exactly the same.

Unable to tell my paint code from the VIN, I took a picture of the two stickers on the driver's side door to later decode for the paint but it doesn't seem to be on there either. Where can I find this? Most websites are leading me astray.

BTW I no longer own the Riv in my sig so I'm not looking for green. lol

I can't speak for any Riviera's 96-99, but on the 1995 the "RPO" codes are in the trunk, behind the passenger side trunk liner. It is a white sticker, about the size of a 3x5 card with about four rows of 3 character (and some 4) codes that tell you what standard features and options your car was built with. Just pull the liner back and you'll see this sticker affixed to the inside of the rear fender. On other GM cars of this era this sticker is often stuck to the underside of the trunk lid.

Now, for the paint code, that will be on the last line of the sticker. It will be something like a "WA- U129A" which in that case would be the "Light Teal Metallic"

A great site to decode your RPO sticker is:

http://www.lonestarthunder.com/m_rpo.php

Al

Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm

al_roethlisberger wrote:

I can't speak for any Riviera's 96-99, but on the 1995 the "RPO" codes are in the trunk, behind the passenger side trunk liner.

Oh forget it then. What a pain in the arse. My Riv is back at my parents whom like 50 miles away. I checked in the truck to see a sticker but found none, didn't know I had to put the lining to find it. I have some scrapping in my bumper from slipping on the ice.

I think I'm done fixing this car up. Just ran over 90k miles but I am just tired of it. frown

Even after getting the paint and trying my best to fix the blemishes I still have the dent near the rear fender. I'll see what I can get for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?   Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance? Empty

Back to top Go down

Light Adriatic Metallic and Light Teal Metallic very close in appearance?
Page 1 of 1