Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

new wheels, tires, rotors and pads

Go down 
+2
Z-type
MFFDVR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

Name : Chris
Merit : 0

new wheels, tires, rotors and pads Empty
PostSubject: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:29 pm

[img]new wheels, tires, rotors and pads 96rivi012[/img][img]new wheels, tires, rotors and pads 96rivi013[/img][img]new wheels, tires, rotors and pads 96rivi014[/img][img]new wheels, tires, rotors and pads 96rivi015[/img][img]new wheels, tires, rotors and pads 96rivi016[/img]
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Not bad! Those are about the simplest 5 spokes I have seen. I bet they look awesome rolling past you in the sun...

Hey - you have the same tires as me:)
Back to top Go down
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Took a long time deciding which wheels would look right on a Riv. Figured simple and smooth was the way to go. Almost went black, but the Riv was begging for chrome. I love the DW's. My brother is a BMW guy and turned me on to the Conti's.
Back to top Go down
highwaywarrior
Fanatic

Name : daryl
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Whered ya find the wheels
Back to top Go down
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Tirerack. They are a new model. Verde, Skylon. They are 18"x8".
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Nice! very slick!
Back to top Go down
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Thank you. You never know when ordering online, but I couldn't be happier with how they look on the car.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:28 pm

dude, nice. now polish up those corner lenses.
Back to top Go down
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:42 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
dude, nice. now polish up those corner lenses.
I have tried. I think they are too far gone.
Every time I come across a Riv at the local Upullit they are just as bad. Or broken.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Start with a super fine sand paper and then finish with a mirror finish grit paper and then finish with polish. Nail it with elbow grease and you will get clear corners. I recommend doing this before painting the car if you leave the lenses in while sanding cause you gotta go around the corners.

The right way to do it would be to take them out and polish them obsessively because you love your Riv so much.

But. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Back to top Go down
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm

I hurr that. I did hit them with the Porter Cable last time I polished the car. Used a cutting compound and polish. Got results, but sure taking them out and gettin down on them would work better.
Back to top Go down
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Oh, and by the way, those aren't hood herpes. That is a reflection of the clouds.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:54 pm

corner lenses: try Blue Magic metal polish (by hand or machine) followed by Turtle Wax ICE protectant for interiors.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:04 am

All you need to do is use 1500 wet followed by 2000 wet.squirt a little dishwashing soap into the water to dunk the wet/dry paper.follow the wet sanding with swirl remove compound followed by polish.done.no need to clear coat,only if you must/have to spray something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new wheels, tires, rotors and pads   new wheels, tires, rotors and pads Empty

Back to top Go down

new wheels, tires, rotors and pads
Page 1 of 1