Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Creative use for garage door opener space.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
designer1962
Enthusiast
designer1962

Name : Harvey
Merit : 3

Creative use for garage door opener space. Empty
PostSubject: Creative use for garage door opener space.   Creative use for garage door opener space. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 am

I have the garage door opener space in my "95 Riv but don't have a garage! I hate to have the space and not use it. Right now I just put my registration and insurance card in there.

I had considered mounting a radar detector or GPS in the space, but haven't figured out how to do either.

Has anyone out there figured out a use for it other than a garage door opener?
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

Creative use for garage door opener space. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creative use for garage door opener space.   Creative use for garage door opener space. EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Hm... how bout a drop down oxygen mask like in an airplane? burnout

Maybe you could put a coin holder in there held on via velcro. Or put some kind of a sunglasses holder up there via velcro? None of this is essential of course, plus my 98 has the universal transmitter anyway so just throwing stuff out there

I've seen a flexible "stalk" for GPS units that can mount to glass, plastic, etc. Maybe you could fasten it to the roof inside of the garage door opener bay somehow?
Back to top Go down

Creative use for garage door opener space.
Page 1 of 1