Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

MAF sensor issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

MAF sensor issue Empty
PostSubject: MAF sensor issue   MAF sensor issue EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:39 am

Wow, this is hard to believe. The TOP of the sensor cover is basically splitting/cracking around the perimeter, and warping up on one side. Amazingly the car is still running quite well. I'm at the lake with it, and contemplating sealing it up with some int/ext clear silicone until I get it back home on Sunday. It is a NAPA reman I installed last year when I experienced a sensor failure. I don't recall their warranty... if it's 90 days, 30, or a year? Guess I'll find out.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

MAF sensor issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF sensor issue   MAF sensor issue EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:39 am

I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

MAF sensor issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF sensor issue   MAF sensor issue EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 am

prob a year autozones is lifetime for new duralast and 1 year for reman dorman
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

MAF sensor issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF sensor issue   MAF sensor issue EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:29 am

Hey Dave, I had the same thing happen to me within the last year. I had a new MAF installed and the top of the cover warped up on one side only a few months after I had it installed. My car ran fine just like you're saying yours did. I think that might be because the actual circuit board for the MAF was encased in some kind of clear gelatin and was protected from whatever elements could have damaged it.

I just took some silicone to the top and sealed it back up because the problem obviously was in the seal..... your issue sounds like mine but post up a pic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAF sensor issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF sensor issue   MAF sensor issue Empty

Back to top Go down

MAF sensor issue
Page 1 of 1