Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Made a purchase from intense yesterday

Go down 
+7
jimmyriv
oldsman105
Mr.Riviera
RhinoFLA
1998 Riv
AA
SpaceBar
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

Made a purchase from intense yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 11:01 am

Made a purchase from intense yesterday 2129762670078761267S425x425Q85

Now I just need to wait for it to get here. wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Damn, somebody's going to see 13's virtually overnight. Congrats!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 1:08 pm

Nice grocery list, I'm jealous. smile
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 2:16 pm

Thanks! I can't wait to get it all installed. wink
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 3:55 pm

well pat, you're a little late for my b day.. but i'll still gladly accept

that's going to be quite the improvement bro.. BUT WHERE'S THE 3800 TURBO KIT !?
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 4:44 pm

RhinoFLA wrote:
well pat, you're a little late for my b day.. but i'll still gladly accept

that's going to be quite the improvement bro.. BUT WHERE'S THE 3800 TURBO KIT !?

Sorry Ryan I bought it for myself for my birthday. wink I figured I'm going to be 21 in a month so I needed to get me somthing nice.

I don't think I'm taking it much further than this. This is still my DD and I don't want to put too much strain on the car. wink
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Look out GT Mustangs, WRXs, and yuppies in $40k import sport coupes!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 pm

nice setup! are you going to do all the work yourself?

Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 5:07 pm

AA wrote:
Look out GT Mustangs, WRXs, and yuppies in $40k import sport coupes!

Thats what I'm hoping for. wink

Mr.Riviera wrote:
nice setup! are you going to do all the work yourself?

I'm going to get someone around here to help with the install. I'm not the mechanically gifted to do it myself yet. wink
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 10:57 pm

Congrats on empting the bank account. smile I was afraid to go with a cam because my car would have been laid up to long. I bet your trans is going to love you after you install those parts.
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 7:11 pm

oldsman105 wrote:
Congrats on empting the bank account. smile I was afraid to go with a cam because my car would have been laid up to long. I bet your trans is going to love you after you install those parts.

I didn't empty the whole bank account. I'm getting a little bonus from work thats going to pay for half. wink Thats the reason I decided to do it. I won a contest and I shouldn't have the money anyway so I decided to make the car go faster. bonk

I'm hoping the tranny is going to be ok with it. help

I went with the cam because I want the gains across the whole powerband and not just the top end. From what I've read a lot of people who have the rockers are saying they want a cam now (same with PEMs and DP now want headers) so I'm just skipping the smaller steps and going big. wink

Play hard or go home.
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Cam install   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 7:33 pm

SpaceBar wrote:
oldsman105 wrote:

I didn't empty the whole bank account. I'm getting a little bonus from work thats going to pay for half. wink Thats the reason I decided to do it. I won a contest and I shouldn't have the money anyway so I decided to make the car go faster. bonk

I'm hoping the tranny is going to be ok with it. help

I went with the cam because I want the gains across the whole powerband and not just the top end. From what I've read a lot of people who have the rockers are saying they want a cam now (same with PEMs and DP now want headers) so I'm just skipping the smaller steps and going big. wink

Play hard or go home.

Now you will be able to "drive it like you stole it", dude...... scat
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 8:25 pm

Got the stuff in on monday (came friday but I wasn't home). The headers are going in on friday and then I'm going down to CT on sunday to do the cam install.

Friday the 6th will be my first day at the track with all the new toys. wink
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Do some test runs and scan before you hit the track. Good luck!

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:35 pm

AA wrote:
Do some test runs and scan before you hit the track. Good luck!

Going to do some scans after I get the headers and cam in. If I'm not getting any KR I'm going to toss on the 3.3" pulley see what happends then.

After that its track time. wink
Back to top Go down
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 11:31 am

If you read enough write ups, and find the right pictures along with the haynes manual, its not that hard, i just had my engine guysince he was boring it out and installing the pistons and doing the valve jobs and all that other good stuff. I loved ordering stuff when i was banking....it was like a year long hannakah*
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 pm

Install from hell........

Went to CT yesterday to install it we got everything apart and started snapping tools on the cradle bolt.

Sears was closed when this happend and we couldn't find the sockets anywhere else so I had to have the girlfriend come make the 2 hour drive to pick me up

Going back down wednesday morning to help finish up the install....hopefully it goes better this time

It will all be worth it when everything gets in though. wink
Back to top Go down
okiedrifter
okiedrifter

Name : Tyler
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 4:23 am

good choice on letting someone else do the cam install (not that i don't have faith n you but, if you forget a pushrod, or drop a lifter, it is on you whereas if he does it he gets to fix it,(plus it just wouldn't be fun on a sideways motor while still in the hole) plus if you don't know how to run the valves correctly it would never run right. however i must say.... $h!# SON, i wish i could throw down like that! i need to talk to my boss! lol bow

Last edited by on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/okie_drifter
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:04 am

Quote :
it just wouldn't be fun on a sideways motor while still in the hole

I recommend anyone who wants to do a cam install in a riviera pull the engine. This really is no fun
Made a purchase from intense yesterday 2271467_41_full
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 8:46 am

okiedrifter wrote:
good choice on letting someone else do the cam install (not that i don't have faith n you but, if you forget a pushrod, or drop a lifter, it is on you whereas if he does it he gets to fix it,(plus it just wouldn't be fun on a sideways motor while still in the hole) plus if you don't know how to run the valves correctly it would never run right. however i must say.... $h!# SON, i wish i could throw down like that! i need to talk to my boss! lol bow

I helped him with almost all of it. Thats one of the rules for him to do the cam for so cheap. wink
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Don't mean to be the necromancer here, but...
Patrick, did you document the installation anywhere? I would love to see pictures and read about it. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made a purchase from intense yesterday   Made a purchase from intense yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Made a purchase from intense yesterday
Page 1 of 1