The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
J. Chris Davis
Junkie
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Here's some pics of my other baby The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 Icon_smi 1980 Camaro.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 Picture054pf
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 Picture055t

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 Picture058t

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 Img0105ae

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 Img1349v
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm

shocked twisted
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Junkie
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks, it took me about a year to decide if I was gonna put those pipes on or not.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:03 pm

That Camaro is clean as hell! I like the side exhaust too. They're well worth the leg burns.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Junkie
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Actually they are under enough that I've never had that problem.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Wow Chris, what is going on in those pics? shocked Is that your house or a shop?, and are those all your cars? Just beautiful man, all of 'em.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Junkie
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 pm

I was referring to my side pipes with my last statement. Easy to change my Camaro plugs. The other cars belong to my dad.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Your dads one lucky man Chris. I love his garage and taste in cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a 70 Cuda, 71-72 Roadrunner and I'm not sure what car the black one is?
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Junkie
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Correct on the Cuda. The roadrunner is a 73, but have the same back end. The black car is a 69 Ford Torino.
Back to top Go down
cadillacman

Name : Danny
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:01 am

IBx1 wrote:
Thanks Danny, if anything we're doing it in reverse. Not saying the Riv isn't sporty, but I had the Riv first, then the sporty car second. You're going from the sporty car first to the Riv second. You'll love all the torque the Riv has to nail your head to the seat, and when that happens you'll love the comfy seats even more. It is weird that me of all people would get a Civic Si, but I like having cars from both ends of the spectrum. They're completely different cars but they're just as fun as one another.

My first car was a 1980 Cadillac Eldorado, which is now insured, which means it's driveable yay . It's the most plush car I've ever been in.

What I really like about the Riv is that I will have the ride of the Cadillac, but the power of the Camaro. I can't wait to drive one.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:42 am

cadillacman wrote:
What I really like about the Riv is that I will have the ride of the Cadillac, but the power of the Camaro. I can't wait to drive one.

When I was shopping for my first car, I was looking at the last generation Eldorado and the last generation Camaro. I found the Riv by accident and it turned out to be exactly what you said, plus with the insurance cost of a lawnmower.
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 pm

This is the '92 Park Ave. I drove before getting the '96 Riv.
I bought this car in 2004 when it had only 30,000 little old lady miles on it.
Dove Grey leather interior that looked like it had never been sat in.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 BestThe Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 DSCF1906

I sold it to my Son 2 years ago when I bought the Riv. He has been pretty hard on it. It was also hit in the rear by a hit and run driver earlier in the year as he sat at a light. Right rear tailight and quarter is bashed in. Trunklid now held closed by a bungee cord.
Rust has also taken it's toll.
Will be looking for another car for him in a few weeks. This one most likely will go to the boneyard with only 75,000 miles on the clock.
It kinda hurts to see it today. The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 587517
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Here's a driveby of my new car, and the video has been edited so it's not like my other driveby's. The car sounds awesome, but for some reason the video turns out fuzzy after editing. I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, and if anyone can help me out that would be great. If I use an HD template the video comes out microscopic, but if I use a regular template for the 640x480 video size the camera takes, it comes out crystal clear from the camera but fuzzy like this.