Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)

Go down 
+39
rivieralover80
al_roethlisberger
jbird
T Riley
bigROC209
crlombardi69
damnjetski
nothincame2mind
ironclyde
96_Juggernaut
Jason
QAGuy1
96riv
Abaddon
Johnny5
xxsupergman25xx
Sir Psycho Sexy
Centurion
ZEP
abaucom
ghpcnm
BMD
IBx1
charlieRobinson
bigdave
turtleman
deekster_caddy
matt270avian
llamalor2112
69GSColorado
AA
J. Chris Davis
flyineagle96
th3fr4nchi5e
stan
joshuadalegrimes
robotennis61
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 12:35 am

YOu gotta post some vids of this in action.
We mirin, brah
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 9:03 am

Your turn, Travis...

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 am

charlieRobinson wrote:
TRiley, always coming back bad to the bone.  twisted 

That GTO is SICK. Probably the coolest I have ever seen.

You still parking it at moms house tho?

Thanks man!! Haha I rent out the basement and a garage spot.. I definitely earn my keep, not to toot my horn but if you saw my parents house and what i get for $450/month you wouldnt leave either haha... GF lives across the street (literally 5 houses away) and well she has a kid and a couple years left of school.. We both come from great families and plan to purchase a home instead of paying $1000 for rent in a run down apartment.. So just saving up a large down payment  cool 

deekster_caddy wrote:
Good to hear from you Travis! Nice GTO!

Must be a lot of fun to drive. Have fun but be careful! With great power comes great responsibility!!!

lol 
When my friend was driving me to get it, I told him I wasn't going to floor it completely because when I got a test ride I about shat myself lol.. That lasted about 4 miles into the drive home when I put the pound on a 600cc CBR sport bike lol.. However I definitely do have throttle discipline..

AA wrote:
TRiley, you are so dead to me! To think you got this awesome deal for just a few grand more than what I paid for maybe 400WHP - yes, that is definitely grounds for hate.

Mine just turned 50k yesterday, AND just got hugely banged on taxes, not in the best of moods.  cry

Good to see Riv owners piloting GTOs.

Goat > Cobrah

Lol I already sold $1000 in parts.. Already applied that cash towards my loan too.. Hope to have it paid off before next spring, (I don't want a car payment with a house  dunce ) Mines around 47k miles!! dang ours are pretty much identical lol.. Fuck Taxes.. I have to finalize mine tonight and submit them.. I probably owe 1-2K$ FML...

I always toss around the idea of throwing together a really cheap beater riviera and gut it to 3,000lbs and turbo'ing it and putting the pound on bitches.

Goat is better than my cobra yes.... Cobra was much cheaper to mod the suspension of though frown

charlieRobinson wrote:
YOu gotta post some vids of this in action.
We mirin, brah

I will get some in the next couple of weeks!! My shits only on 12psi right now.. which is only 580whp (dyno'd this weekend) We couldn't get into the computer to turn it up due to the previous douche bag tuner locking the fucking PCM...  neutral  shoot  shoot  shoot  But I will have some 18psi-20psi dyno sheets soon enough.. Don't be mirin' I just found a steal of a deal and bought it  banana 

AA wrote:

Your turn, Travis...

Give me a few weeks. I gotta get my go-pro set up still and out of the box lol i just bought it!! I will put the camera on the front drivers side of the hood so ya hear turbo sounds wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Gee,AA,that GTO sounds real good! (@ 1:57 ya kinda f****d up the shifty,right?)
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Nah, if you look close you'll see the rear end starting to slide out. Under pressure of the approaching car, I gave it too much, but caught it quick letting off the gas a little right after the shift. Made the shift, though - 2nd doesn't like to go "in" as easily, but it's hard to miss when you mean business. 3rd is the tricky one, but after the GMM Ripshifter (next mod) that should be a thing of the past.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 pm

AA wrote:
Nah, if you look close you'll see the rear end starting to slide out. Under pressure of the approaching car, I gave it too much, but caught it quick letting off the gas a little right after the shift. Made the shift, though - 2nd doesn't like to go "in" as easily, but it's hard to miss when you mean business. 3rd is the tricky one, but after the GMM Ripshifter (next mod) that should be a thing of the past.

If i had a dollar everytime i shit my pants bangin' gears and missing 3rd.... rolleyes  HATE 3rd in GTO's/vette's  bonk 
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Picked up a 06 Zo6 Vette with a friend the other day  rock  rock  rock 

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Black_10
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Quote :
If i had a dollar everytime i shit my pants bangin' gears and missing 3rd.... rolleyes HATE 3rd in GTO's/vette's

JHP GMM Ripshifter - Street Version item#40202 "The JHP GMM Ripshifter Street Version is great for those that use their GTO purely as a daily driver, yet still enjoy spirited driving and may consider the occasional track work. The JHP GMM Ripshifter has perfected the 3rd gear shift. Slam the gears as hard as you like."

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:39 pm

3rd gear is a bit of a pain in my 80 Camaro as well. Get on it hard and all it wants to do is bind. I haven't fixed that yet.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 pm

AA wrote:

Quote :
If i had a dollar everytime i shit my pants bangin' gears and missing 3rd.... rolleyes  HATE 3rd in GTO's/vette's

JHP GMM Ripshifter - Street Version item#40202  "The JHP GMM Ripshifter Street Version is great for those that use their GTO purely as a daily driver, yet still enjoy spirited driving and may consider the occasional track work. The JHP GMM Ripshifter has perfected the 3rd gear shift. Slam the gears as hard as you like."

I have no idea what shifter i have.  razz  I'll look into it.. I gotta pull the tranny and replace my 4th gear syncro soon though  rolleyes  FML
 yawn 
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Went out on 8psi (520whp) last night... Fucked shit up

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Goat10
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:42 pm

520 is more like it.....haha YES
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 am

Pretty sweet GTO Riley.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:13 pm

stan wrote:
520 is more like it.....haha YES

lol  My boost controller is home made no and i have been having issues with it, I turned it down because the E85 I got was actually like E70.. So wanted to be safe!! That Vette I was racing puts down 505WHP  lol 

J. Chris Davis wrote:
Pretty sweet GTO Riley.

Thank you sir cool 
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

DANG, T REX RILEY. THAT THING IS STRONG.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Was having issues since i bought it. The car wouldn't ever boost over 12psi, It slowly went down to 10 and was going lean.. so i combated that by turning the boost down at the manual controller to 8psi and drove it like that for 1.5 weeks (only a total of 100 miles).. Decided to get to the bottom of it a couple nights ago and this is what I found...

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Boost_10

So I'll take that.. beatin' 505whp Vette's with a 2-3" gouge out of my Coupler for my intercooler lol!.. cool
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:05 am

T Riley wrote:
Picked up a 06 Zo6 Vette with a friend the other day  rock  rock  rock 

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Black_10
 thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:26 am

rock rock rock 
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:33 pm

A few weeks ago I installed my new rear Sensa-Trac struts and Eibach lowering springs on the SHO. The factory struts were toast. I can't believe the how much better the car handles now. While I was back there, I went ahead and bought new rear calipers, brackets and pads. Then I painted them red because it goes well with my color scheme.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Sho10

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Rear_b10

I'll be doing the fronts struts and springs in May, along with a few other upgrades. I scored a nice front brake upgrade last week. The 89-95 V6 SHOs come stock with 10" front brakes, but the later 96-99 V8 SHOs came with 11.6" brakes and upgraded calipers which is a direct bolt-on if you use 94 or later spindles. Since mine is a 92, I'll have to do the spindle swap. However, the local guy I got my brakes from sold me the correct spindles with new wheel bearings, and the complete 96+ brake upgrade including calipers, brackets, pads and rotors for $50. Can't beat that.

I'll also be replacing my factory worn rubber subframe bushings with SHO Nut aluminum subframe bushings, which will eliminate flex between the body and subframe at the expense of a little harsher ride. I'm not too worried about that, however, as I'm building the SHO to be a corner-carver.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Bushin10

I've also been doing a bit of work on my dad's 03 Regal GSX. I buffed and waxed the paint using some of my friends professional products and it turned out beautiful.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Gsx10
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:39 pm

That's a fine looking SHO
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Nice work on the SHO. It's kinda cool how what we do with our Rivs applies to so many other cars! Bigger front brakes, better dampers, and fresh subframe bushings will make any car seem like new again. I've been doing similar things to mt GTO: brake pad upgrade a couple weeks ago, Koni shocks yesterday. Previous owner already did the subframe bushings.

Oh, that's a nice looking GSX!

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 pm

Thank Dave and Aaron! It's shaping up nicely and it's a blast to drive. I love being able to tell such a huge difference after I add each mod to the car. It already makes plenty of power, so I'm focusing on aesthetics and the suspension. You have a nice GTO AA! Even though the one my uncle had was an automatic, it was the best driving experience I've ever had.

I'm not sure if paint for the SHO will be in the plans this summer or not, but it's definitely on the agenda. I've been keeping an eye out for a fiberglass cowl hood. It's an easy way to shed 20 lbs and look cool in the process! I'm also looking for a nice complete set of black window trim that came on the 94/95 SHOs and then I'll tint the windows. This is how I envision the car when it's done.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Taurus10
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Pic of our new daily driver and thankfully, it's an automatic.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 00k0k_10

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 00a0a_10

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 00j0j_11

2004 Saab, one previous Florida owner, 57k miles

Last edited by ghpcnm on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

Name : Tyler
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:10 pm

I've honestly always loved those things. I think their styling is perfect, and Saabs have very clean, logically set up interiors.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Interior shot...

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 2_saab10
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 01414_10
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 00i0i_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt II)
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next