Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Lights Flashing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yardley
Enthusiast

Merit : 2

Lights Flashing Empty
PostSubject: Lights Flashing   Lights Flashing EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi. My neighbor has a '97 Park Avenue Ultra, and I think it is similar enough to our Rivs that I might be able to get an answer for him.

Twice now he has had this happen:

Both at night.
When putting it in Park after a drive the headlights, dash lights and tail lights will flash on and off.
Only way to stop it is to either start the car again or put in back into Drive.

Sounds like the "unlock" feature when using the key fob is freaking out. You know, how our lights turn on for us when we unlock the car with the fob.

Anyone experience this before?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.1badriv.com
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Lights Flashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights Flashing   Lights Flashing EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 pm

There is a lighting control module.

Lots of questions though - any aftermarket alarm system/remote starter? They usually tap into the lighting somewhere. What is the position of the 'twilight sentinal' slider? Shortest or Off before you continue testing. (issues with that may point to the LCM). Does this happen only after he turns the key off, or when he puts it into Park?

Are they randomly flickering or is it 'blinking' to a pattern? Is the security light flashing? (The "alarm" flashes the lights repeatedly).

Hmm.. I'm thinking about the '98+. The '97 PA is more like the '97 LeSabre. Does that have the headlight button over on the drivers door like the LeSabre does?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Lights Flashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights Flashing   Lights Flashing EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Yardley wrote:
Hi. My neighbor has a '97 Park Avenue Ultra, and I think it is similar enough to our Rivs that I might be able to get an answer for him.

Twice now he has had this happen:

Both at night.
When putting it in Park after a drive the headlights, dash lights and tail lights will flash on and off.
Only way to stop it is to either start the car again or put in back into Drive.

Sounds like the "unlock" feature when using the key fob is freaking out. You know, how our lights turn on for us when we unlock the car with the fob.

Anyone experience this before?

Thanks.

Experience this before? Nope.

Albertj

PS - you're going to have to answer the question to get any further on this -- do the lights flicker, or is it a cycled flash like when you push the red panic button on the remote?

And does the horn on that car work at all?

Please answer.

Albertj

Back to top Go down
Yardley
Enthusiast

Merit : 2

Lights Flashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights Flashing   Lights Flashing EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:25 pm

I will ask my neighbor to clarify all your questions. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.1badriv.com
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Lights Flashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights Flashing   Lights Flashing EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 5:02 am

Yardley wrote:
I will ask my neighbor to clarify all your questions. Thanks.

Ok

In general, flickering means we look for bad wiring and pulsing means look for failed controls or false communications to the body control module.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lights Flashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights Flashing   Lights Flashing Empty

Back to top Go down

Lights Flashing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: