Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? Empty
PostSubject: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 pm

I've done this fine in our lesabre hundreds of times but in the riv, it just won't latch. I install the seat butt first with the two alignment prongs and then drop it into place but it neeeeever aligns with the anchor points to click-lock the seat into place
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:34 pm

First you double check the carpeting making sure it's not in the way.Then you tilt the seat away from you while inserting the plastic tabs into their slots.assure the seat belts are out of the way and wont hinder the placement of the rear tabs. It helps if the belts are resting on the seat.After double checking everything push down firmly until the wire catches pop into place and are secure.Only way I know how to do it.done it a thousand times.

Last edited by robotennis61 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Sometimes I can't get mine to latch in either. Usually I just slide my hand in the gap between the seat and the body to line the latch up with the hole. Once I get it lined up I just slam my ass down on it and it goes right in (that sounded really dirty.......).
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Heh. Just a lil dirty. I'm claiming defeat on mine. I've spent the better party of 15 mins trying to get it to latch. It's tilted and slid into the two holes as far as the tabs will go and yet the front latches aren't far enough back to meet up.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Sounds like something is in the way, have you triple checked the belts and belt holders are clear?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 pm

I tuck the middle seat belt up into the armrest. You sometimes need to hold or guide the seat belt latches into their grooves. Then it's tilt up, hooks in, tilt down and sit on the front edge. I've never had a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:11 pm

It definitely helps if you can have someone on the other side of you to hold all of the belts and latches up. I usually buckle my middle belt together and tuck it into the armrest like Deekster. I also go in at a pretty steep angle, as in the bottom of the seat is about 30* away from hitting the back of the seat.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Well I'm done trying to get it to fit back. It will not go. I'll sooner break the thing and wear out the leather than fit it in. Every day I've been trying to put it back. It shouldn't be this difficult so I'm not going to force it anymore. I rebuilt the top end of my engine just fine but got foiled by this stupid seat. Sigh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??   How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How the bleepity bleepin bleep do you put the rear seat back in??
Page 1 of 1