HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

75mm Throttle Body and Intake Kit installed on my other ride.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigROC209
Rookie

Name : bigROC209
Merit : 1

PostSubject: 75mm Throttle Body and Intake Kit installed on my other ride.   Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:12 pm

The registration and a smog inspection was due on my 02 Grand Marquis last month.  In order to pass smog I had to remove my intake setup and return my car's ECU back to stock settings.  My ride passed with flying colors!

I finally got around to re-installing my bolt-ons and replaced my ported and polished 65mm mustang throttle body with a beefier aftermarket 75mm throttle body.  It's time to let my 4.6 breathe!

It only makes sense to go with the 75mm since I upgraded the MAF sensor to a Mustang 80mm from the stock 70mm maf.  I also have a 75mm Trickflow intake plenum so the intake air should be a lot straighter since the plenum and TB are now the same size.

I also sprayed my previously chrome intake pipe with a can of ceramic engine enamel.

Here's a pic of the 75mm TB eating the stock throttle body.

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: 75mm Throttle Body and Intake Kit installed on my other ride.   Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 am

What else have you done to the 4.6? Curious what demands the larger TB.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Addict

Name : Matt
Merit : 49

PostSubject: Re: 75mm Throttle Body and Intake Kit installed on my other ride.   Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 am

Did you have to do any tuning for the bigger TB? Me and my friend were going to grab a GT TB to put on his 3.8.
Back to top Go down

75mm Throttle Body and Intake Kit installed on my other ride.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1