Hi everyone, I'm Mark and am located near Chattanooga, TN. I own a 98 SC Riviera(currently 83,321 miles) that got handed down to me from my Mother-in-Law. When I took possesion of it the SC belt was gone and the lower idler for the SC was disintegrated. I drove it as is(without SC functional) for about a year and then developed a radiator leak(plastic tank near LH mount). This prompted me to do some repairs.
1. replaced radiator(keystone parts)
2. replaced rad hoses(both Gates)
3. replaced thermostat(fail safe Moto Rad 190 deg. F)
4. replaced water pump(Murray)
5. replaced all SC idlers(all Gates)
6. replaced both SC and ACC tensioner pulleys(both Gates)
7. replaced both belts(both Gates)
8. Flushed cooling system and added approx. 50/50 distilled water and Dexcool.
I want to extend a hearty thank you to the write ups on the how tos for these tasks. Man it sure made the job a helluva lot easier than it would have been otherwise. A tip of the hat to the authors of said write ups that were spot on.
This is a great forum and I plan on some shock absorber and antenna repairs in the next month or so.