Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs

Go down 
+7
69GSColorado
Mr.Riviera
al_roethlisberger
AA
matt270avian
Abaddon
Sir Psycho Sexy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Interested in Lowering Springs? Please vote!
Yes, sign me up for a set of custom Eibach springs!
Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 Vote_lcap79%Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
No, not interested. I prefer the Riv's softer OEM ride.
Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:44 pm

With a company like this, you can pretty much have whatever you want. We have the stock spring rates somewhere. Should be a matter of identifying stock ride height and specifying the rate. I'd think somewhere around 20-25% firmer, but need to research that a little more. Eibach's opinion here would be helpful.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:00 pm

al_roethlisberger wrote:
Will you send them the F41 springs and say "just like these, just 1.5" lower"?

I would absolutely send them any info/P/N's I could from my springs if they need it. Hell, I'd even consider sending them the springs themselves if I have to. I LOVE the firmness of these springs on this car. Of course, they could be a little firmer twisted

Seriously though....I have 2 other cars to drive. If I have to rip this thing apart, I will.
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Do the F41 springs make the car sit higher than stock springs?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:55 pm

They might make it a tad higher because they're stiffer and don't "sag". If you're referring to my Sig, the tires I have on the tan Riv are a lower profile than they should be. The overall tire height is about an inch shorter overall than OEM. I actually need to buy 255/50/R17's instead of the 245/45's I have on there. They make the wheel opening bigger giving the appearance of sitting higher. When I put my stockers on it looks normal. If the car were lower you wouldn't even notice the tire size difference.

I could only find 2 tires (without ordering online) that were 245/50/17's, and they were like $300 each shocked
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Here's my opinion of the STS Eibachs..

First off, I would increase the firmness by about 10% at the most. on Highway bumps it goes up and comes right back down and thats it. I think if the firmness was increased just a bit it would be perfect. But i dont see how the recovery rate can be much better.

the handling is almost amazing. I was racing a lancer and we both got off at the same clover ramp.

Although the lancer handled the corner much better, i was tickled at how well i was sticking and keeping up.

I have my rear air pump lever set so i have more weight up front and the stance looks cool but if could, i would lower the front about a half an inch more.

So in conclusion, I would love to have some coil springs that are ~10% firmer and a half inch lower than the STS Eibach springs.

depending on what you guys want and the cost... and because im a Riv head... i might get a set too if everything looks right. count me in as a maybe.

Last edited by charlieRobinson on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Quote :
Glad there is so much interest. This is awesome! I don't have any real experience with group buys... Would I just shoot eibach an email saying we talked on the phone the other day then tell him how many people are in? Then try to negotiate price from there?

I hope you know who you talked to, and how to get in touch with them again. Would be best to have a personal contact.

I think we need to decide as a group what the best specs for these springs should be, then get back to Eibach and ask their opinion. One option is to have a Riv owner with the STS kit measure F/R ride heights at the fender openings - with zero rear air support. Then decide what should be improved from the STS design to fit the Riv.

Ideally, I'd like to see rear ride height just a tad low (like OEM) for a stock weight car, so that it can be customized to fit everyone's tastes. Some like the rear pumped up, some like it even flat. Some take weight out of the rear, so bear that in mind.

Everyone should read this link as well:

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling_springs2

I'm thinking 15-20% spring rate increase (from stock) is plenty, so that no one gets a jarring ride. Also, Eibach needs to advise us on front struts - we don't have a firmer option that I know of other than KYB and Gabriel. The lower the drop and higher the rate, the harder it will be on struts.

1.5" is a pretty significant drop. I'd be fine with 1", maybe 1.25".

Quote :
So in conclusion, I would love to have some coil springs that are ~15% firmer and a half inch lower than the STS Eibach springs.

I think the Eibach STS spring were about 15% firmer than stock. So now we're at ~25% over Riv OEM? Hmmm... we need something that everyone can use, including those of us running 40 profile tires.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 pm

AA, i edited that and said 10% before i saw your reply. The ride recovers very well over any bump and there is no 'porpoising'. this is with stock tires.

I cannot wait to get some lower profile tires, I think this will complete it the ride.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:54 pm

I think Aaron is right about finding a better strut. I seem to go through them way faster with the eibachs on. The last set of delco struts i put on only lasted 6 months before they were both completely shot.
I will be going with either kyb or gabriels again since those seemed to last at least a year or more.
Im sure driving style, speed bumps every day, and needing to replace things like bump stops all played a factor here but even with everything new, dont expect a pair of riv soft struts to last very long with eibach lowering springs.

Maybe eibach can recommend something like the koni inserts or another brand that we can use to complement the springs? Or as i previously mentioned a group buy on adjustable coilovers for the front and springs for the rear...

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:55 pm

bolt on adjustable coilovers would be the sweetness
Back to top Go down
JR3800

Name : Jake
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:31 am

This would make life so simple!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sloshua
sloshua

Name : sloshua
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:55 am

ya when u bottom them out it smashes the valve. Then u get wheel hop and all sorts of goofy crapola happening
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Part of the issue with strut (and shock) wear with lowered springs is the new range of motion. With lowered springs, the strut/shock now is moving more frequently in what can be a less optimal physical range and cycle rate than what it was designed to do. Severely lowered cars with struts/shocks engineered for stock heights can fail at a higer frequency, sometimes by even hitting physical limitations within the strut/shock itself.

So it can sometimes be key to find struts/shocks that can accomodate lowered suspension.

Al
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 5:27 pm

The only issue I had with mine were the CV axles. I had to replace both after my spring install.

The struts n shocks have been fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs   Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Group Buy: Eibach Lowering Springs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2