Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Having Fuel Issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
95RivieraVino
Special

Name : Cory
Merit : 0

Having Fuel Issues Empty
PostSubject: Having Fuel Issues   Having Fuel Issues EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Hey guys, I've got a 95 Supercharged that just hit 88,888 miles today! Anyway, I've been trying to fix a problem the last few weeks and I'm looking for some (expert) advice. About 3 weeks ago, she was having trouble starting. Well, I just replaced the starter in my friend's 95 Lesabre about a week before so I figured maybe I was having the same issue. So I replaced my starter (which is considerably easier than a Lesabre's). As soon as I replaced it, my gas gauge went out.

Everything was good for a few days (minus the gas gauge), then I would turn the key, could hear the fuel pump engaging, but the starter wouldn't even click. Long story short, she got towed to the dealer and they tested her and put a new Neutral Safety Switch in. Worked fine for about a day. Now I can turn my key and the starter will sit there and engage but won't turn the engine over, unless I hit the gas pedal while I'm turning the key in the ignition. The idle also seems a tad low sitting at stoplights. The power is all there, but once in a while when I get it on it, it takes a second to respond (which it never did before this whole incident).

Tired of dealing with this. Please help rolleyes
Back to top Go down
KnottyEagle
Fanatic
KnottyEagle

Name : Daymon
Merit : 3

Having Fuel Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having Fuel Issues   Having Fuel Issues EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Fuel filter?
Back to top Go down
95RivieraVino
Special

Name : Cory
Merit : 0

Having Fuel Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having Fuel Issues   Having Fuel Issues EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Nope on the fuel filter. Was changed 5 months ago...
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

Having Fuel Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having Fuel Issues   Having Fuel Issues EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 pm

I would clean your throttle body and maybe try swapping out the IAC valve if you have not.
Back to top Go down
ajgee2011
Amateur
ajgee2011

Name : A.J. Gee
Merit : 1

Having Fuel Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having Fuel Issues   Having Fuel Issues EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 3:48 pm

Any luck on getting this fixed having kinda the same issue with my 98
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Having Fuel Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having Fuel Issues   Having Fuel Issues EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 9:34 pm

95RivieraVino wrote:
Hey guys, I've got a 95 Supercharged that just hit 88,888 miles today! Anyway, I've been trying to fix a problem the last few weeks and I'm looking for some (expert) advice. About 3 weeks ago, she was having trouble starting. Well, I just replaced the starter in my friend's 95 Lesabre about a week before so I figured maybe I was having the same issue. So I replaced my starter (which is considerably easier than a Lesabre's). As soon as I replaced it, my gas gauge went out.

Everything was good for a few days (minus the gas gauge), then I would turn the key, could hear the fuel pump engaging, but the starter wouldn't even click. Long story short, she got towed to the dealer and they tested her and put a new Neutral Safety Switch in. Worked fine for about a day. Now I can turn my key and the starter will sit there and engage but won't turn the engine over, unless I hit the gas pedal while I'm turning the key in the ignition. The idle also seems a tad low sitting at stoplights. The power is all there, but once in a while when I get it on it, it takes a second to respond (which it never did before this whole incident).

Tired of dealing with this. Please help rolleyes

Your gas gauge being out is a coincidence; check the wires at the pump, there is an access door to the pump top in the trunk toward the axle, on the RHS.

The IAC and a dirty throttle body are possible causes of your drive-ability problem, but I'd also check the fuel pressure regulator. By the way, is your Check Engine light on (Service Engine Soon it says)?

I am thinking your problem is more likely a dirty MAF or a bit less likely a buggered air temp sensor.

BTW check the owners manual about pressing the gas pedal during startup. That may not be unusual.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Having Fuel Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having Fuel Issues   Having Fuel Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Having Fuel Issues
Page 1 of 1