Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar

Go down 
+8
T Riley
oldsman105
SpaceBar
97rivman
Mr.Riviera
jax95riv
racinfan
RhinoFLA
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar Empty
PostSubject: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 am

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar L_3bae2fc5dc4eb9bdeff4161176e1fcfa
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:01 am

No idea why this came out so blurry.. maxing at 6 psi, hit 5 here and let off before I caught myself a ticket

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar Sarasota006uz5
Back to top Go down
racinfan
Addict
racinfan

Name : Joe
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:06 am

Well that blends into the pillar rather well. wink
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:07 am

Lol sarcasm? it's black and the pillar is the tannish color.. but I think it looks alright
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 7:27 am

Looks good, I want to do pillar gauges too. Was it very hard to hook up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 9:49 am

looks good! you could always paint it to match later. they make spray cans of "vinyl".

you dont have to be going fast to get max boost. i hit max when holding in 1st and launching, but 6 or 7 is what a 3.8" pulley should be pushing. minus some loss depending on your exhaust mod.

also is that a crack on your windshield? i think under FL law you can get that fixed for free, with proper ins.

Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 11:24 am

Jax- It wasn't hard at all to hook up, the hardest part of it was fishing the hose because the hose came all coiled up, so it didn't want to stay straight haha..

Mr. Riv- Yeah it was funny though, I was coming over this hill and just went wot to hit max and right as I do, this cop in the oncoming lane passes me, then just stops and sits there.. was pretty wierd.. yeah my windshield is cracked frown It was cracked when I bought the car, i'll have to look into getting it fixed through my insurance.
Back to top Go down
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 6:17 pm

why didnt you pull one of the vent on the door and put it there?
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 8:14 pm

I don't like the idea of having to take my eyes off the road to read a gauge :/
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 8:25 pm

Plus as hot as its been...I WANT MY A/C!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 8:28 pm

97rivman wrote:
why didnt you pull one of the vent on the door and put it there?

What size guage fits in there?

I just got an aeroforce. Its 2 1/6" I think.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 8:31 pm

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar Measuring_Tape
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 9:09 pm

RhinoFLA wrote:
Faze boost/vac gauge pillar Measuring_Tape

Thanks. wink

I'm too lazy to walk back outside to see was hoping someone would chime in. sleep
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 8:39 am

It will work.

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar DSCF0042
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: FAZE BOOST GAUGE   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 12:26 pm

ok i intalled one and it works NOW TO MOUNT IT............... i want to put it in where a vent WAS can someone tell me how to take that part of the door off......... or the vent out.......... i dont want to break anything TOOO BAD................... but yah i can see 7 lbs of boost at teh TOP of first..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 1:51 pm

I've been against the idea of installing guages and speakers in the driver's door vent but really all the cold air comes out on the passenger side. The driver's side vents don't do diddly-squat, so why not replace them with something that does?

I'll have to go out and look to see what's on the passenger's side - I think they've got one or both holes plugged with a seperate climate control. Do I want the passenger turning the air down on their side where all the cool air comes out at? NO!! Maybe that stuff should come out too . . .

And that's my rant for this thread wink Mod away but keep your stuff where you can put it back to stock for the resale value.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 2:45 pm

I agree with Jack about not placing the gauge in the air vent, but not for the same reasons. I think the gauge looks good there... near stock even. But wait till you get in the car on a 95ºF day, after being outside for an hour. First thing I do is aim the lower door vent at my knee, and the upper one at my body. They blow cool air at you, and it can be a life saver. If the passenger side vents blow colder, then more power to them, but if your driver side is warm, you have a problem that needs fixed.

And passenger climate comfort control, it's a great feature. My girlfriend uses it every time she's in the car. Once I showed her that it really worked, she never complains to me about being too hot or cold. She uses the comfort control and the heated seats to set it her way. Again, if this isn't working right, something needs repaired.

For safety and functional reasons, I prefer pillar gauge mounting. Easy to return to stock look, too. Read more on this subject:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/Other-Stuff-c3/Interior-f20/Pillar-boost-guage-for-the-Riviera-t1285.htm

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar Boostcover

this doesn't look stock or anything but the fact of the matter is it isn't stock anyway so I see little reason to try to make it appear that way. Good thing is no comfort or resale factors are sacrificed and it is in a logical spot - with all the rest of the gauges.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 9:45 pm

AA wrote:
If the passenger side vents blow colder, then more power to them, but if your driver side is warm, you have a problem that needs fixed.

I'll check the actuator module under the dash, but I don't think it's gone out on me. The compressor was replaced Thursday, and while the mechanic noted that the driver's vents weren't doing much, he thought it was typical for GM vehicles.

There is air blowing out, so I don't think there's blockage anywhere.

Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 10:05 pm

I have always thought about putting a small boost gauge in the top air vent on the door. IMO I don't really notice much air coming from the vents in the first place. I notice more coming from the center and passenger side. As long as you keep the bottom vent in place, you should still get around the same amount of air output from the vent.

It is pretty easy to remove the door panel. There are some instructions on this forum or the other. I think there is five screws to remove. One screw on each end of the door. Their are two torx screws behind the little covers on the handle. And there is a screw behind a cover next to the door handle and lock. Then you just lift up and pull towards you. Disconnect the wires and you should be able to see what needs to be done from there. Good luck getting the wires and vacuum tube through the door gromet. It is kind of hard to get to from the inside, but it can be done.

Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 12:35 pm

I checked my actuators. They're working.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Is it the velocity of the air coming out, or is it the temperature of the air that's the problem?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 10:55 pm

Temp. Maybe the velocity is a little lower, I'm not sure. It's not the kind of difference the temp is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faze boost/vac gauge pillar   Faze boost/vac gauge pillar Empty

Back to top Go down

Faze boost/vac gauge pillar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: