HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

More non-start - my Riv's specialty!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Guru

Merit : 83

PostSubject: Re: More non-start - my Riv's specialty!   Mon May 23, 2016 5:26 pm

albertj wrote:

Sorry for your troubles.  

Why? scratch You didn't do anything but help. yay

Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: More non-start - my Riv's specialty!   Thu May 26, 2016 5:37 am

Jack the R wrote:

albertj wrote:

Sorry for your troubles.  

Why?  scratch   You didn't do anything but help.  yay

Because instead of using a wire bail or other gadget to secure that relay, the engineers did what they did. Cost less, and lasted for the design lifetime, but makes a mess out of repair. My guess would be they did not like that they had to do it that way.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru

Merit : 83

PostSubject: Re: More non-start - my Riv's specialty!   Thu May 26, 2016 6:11 am

I'm more upset that it failed @ 93,000 miles, and wasn't designed to throw a code beforehand. I got a code for an 02 sensor failure and a warning light for low windshield washer fluid, neither of which will leave me stranded. That's insane.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: More non-start - my Riv's specialty!   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:57 am

Jack the R wrote:
I'm more upset that it failed @ 93,000 miles, and wasn't designed to throw a code beforehand.  I got a code for an 02 sensor failure and a warning light for low windshield washer fluid, neither of which will leave me stranded.  That's insane.

It represents the politics of privilege. Driving is a privilege, and thus subject to political control in the form of licensure and regulation.
Back to top Go down

More non-start - my Riv's specialty!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3