Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Muultitude of questions,,,,,,,

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slugranch
Amateur

Name : Gary Miller
Merit : 0

Muultitude of questions,,,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Muultitude of questions,,,,,,,   Muultitude of questions,,,,,,, EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:44 pm

So,,,,,,,The girlfriend's 95,,,,,,,left turn signal won't flash.  I know its a feedback situation.  Went to pull taillight bulb, and check pigtail.  Holy Cow!surprised  This ain't like my old 1950 Roadmaster!!! Where are the screws?  The tail lights (I thought) were accessible through the trunk. Wrong confused So, then I go outside, no screws hidden or otherwise to get into the lights.  Pull the trim panel, and the aren't any tail lights.  So frustration level is going up. Go up front. Gonna pull turn signal, park light bulb.  Again, no screws to access the door.  Help me please!
    Next problem.  Trying to find the red lense for the little red light in the door panel on ther driver's side.  Wrecking yard in Sherwood Oregon flooded over the winter and of course the 95 riv. was lost to the crusher. Still trying to find one.
    3rd and final.  Still trying to locate the narrow lower trim panel with the computer socket attached, so I can try my code reader to find the lurching problem. That's all if it isn't enough. rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Muultitude of questions,,,,,,,   Muultitude of questions,,,,,,, EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:52 pm

You have to remove the entire tail lamp assembly to access the bulbs. The rear panel that you removed is the first step. Then and only then can you remove the screws that attach the assembly to the car. There are about 8 retainers that hold it to the car. Then you have to pull the whole assembly outward (off the car).
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Muultitude of questions,,,,,,,   Muultitude of questions,,,,,,, EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Abaddon wrote:
You have to remove the entire tail lamp assembly to access the bulbs. The rear panel that you removed is the first step. Then and only then can you remove the screws that attach the assembly to the car. There are about 8 retainers that hold it to the car. Then you have to pull the whole assembly outward (off the car).

And while it's off, just replace all the bulbs wink
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Muultitude of questions,,,,,,,   Muultitude of questions,,,,,,, EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 6:54 pm

slugranch wrote:
So,,,,,,,The girlfriend's 95,,,,,,,left turn signal won't flash.  I know its a feedback situation.  Went to pull taillight bulb, and check pigtail.  Holy Cow!surprised  This ain't like my old 1950 Roadmaster!!! Where are the screws?  The tail lights (I thought) were accessible through the trunk. Wrong confused So, then I go outside, no screws hidden or otherwise to get into the lights.  Pull the trim panel, and the aren't any tail lights.  So frustration level is going up. Go up front. Gonna pull turn signal, park light bulb.  Again, no screws to access the door.  Help me please!
    Next problem.  Trying to find the red lense for the little red light in the door panel on ther driver's side.  Wrecking yard in Sherwood Oregon flooded over the winter and of course the 95 riv. was lost to the crusher. Still trying to find one.
    3rd and final.  Still trying to locate the narrow lower trim panel with the computer socket attached, so I can try my code reader to find the lurching problem. That's all if it isn't enough. rolleyes

tail lights - remove the rear trim panel from inside trunk then remove the plastic retainer, kinda like wingnuts. With all of them off, push the taillight assembly toward the rear of the car using the bolts inside the trunk that you pulled the plastic wing nuts off of. The sockets twistlock into the reflector, mind what direction you twist so you don't break them.

red lens for door panel - be patient (and consider getting a whole door panel from somewhere)

The computer socket in these cars merely slid into the trim panel. When the guys at the local GM garage work on my car they **invariably** push the thing up out of its mount, every stinking time, and I have to pull the trim panel and hunt around for it (they would hoist it among the other wires so it would not rattle instead of just sliding it back in place. It's a Riv quirk. And it is not a big deal.

The turn signal and park light bulbs can be reached by undoing the twist lock sockets from their reflectors while the assemblies are in place in the bumper fascia. Again be sure you are twisting the correct way so you don't bust them.

By the way, the cornering lights are reached by removing the headlights (so you have room to work), you have to press the bumper fascia down a little bit to reach the screw(s) of interest. just use a flashlight and look in there, you'll see them. Be patient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muultitude of questions,,,,,,,   Muultitude of questions,,,,,,, Empty

Back to top Go down

Muultitude of questions,,,,,,,
Page 1 of 1