HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

A/C not blowing cold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarkoRv
Amateur

Name : Marko
Merit : 0

PostSubject: A/C not blowing cold    Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:08 pm

The A/C did not work when i got the car. It was winter so i didn't care. 3 weeks ago the test showed that the ac is empty and needs a refill. Test also showed no leaks in the system. 1 week into driving with the AC on i started hearing buzzing noise from the dash, seemed like under the radio but not sure. The noise would go on when turning the key to on position and last for about a minute, then stopped. After a week and a half the noise stopped, and so did the cold air. Anybody know what could it be?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru

Merit : 83

PostSubject: Re: A/C not blowing cold    Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:14 pm

There's a module in that area you want to look at. IIRC you'll have to at least pull the plastic panel under the steering column. It's been years since I replaced mine, but I believe there are two modules on the driver's side of the center console in the area of the radio. I'm not sure which is which. If you change your temperature from the hottest setting to the lowest (or vice versa), you should see one of them rotate (not the whole unit, just a round metal piece that sticks out). If there's no movement, this is your problem.

I think you can temporarily pull off the bad module and flip the door into the AC position while you track down a replacement.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 122

PostSubject: Re: A/C not blowing cold    Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:55 pm

Jack the R wrote:
There's a module in that area you want to look at.  IIRC you'll have to at least pull the plastic panel under the steering column.  It's been years since I replaced mine, but I believe there are two modules on the driver's side of the center console in the area of the radio.  I'm not sure which is which.  If you change your temperature from the hottest setting to the lowest (or vice versa), you should see one of them rotate (not the whole unit, just a round metal piece that sticks out).  If there's no movement, this is your problem.  

I think you can temporarily pull off the bad module and flip the door into the AC position while you track down a replacement.      

Replacements are not hard, GM used the "modules" (the air damper servos) in a lot o cars, and there's posts elsewhere on this site as to the part numbers and how to overhaul them.
Back to top Go down

A/C not blowing cold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1