Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

down pipe install

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dude834
Rookie
dude834

Name : Russ
Merit : -1

down pipe install Empty
PostSubject: down pipe install   down pipe install EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Need advice on installing 3" down pipe on my 95 Riv. L67.....best product,mods i may need first etc..As of now i have only installed a FWI ......also need to find an STS strut tower brace...
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

down pipe install Empty
PostSubject: Re: down pipe install   down pipe install EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 12:44 pm

You dont NEED any supporting mods to install a 3" downpipe, but it wont really improve power without other mods like higher ratio rocker arms or dropping supercharger pulley sizes.

There is no bolt up downpipe available for the 95 riv. I made mine out of a U-shaped piece of stainless and a straight piece of stainless cut and welded to the shape of the piece I cut out of the factory exhaust.
Back to top Go down
dude834
Rookie
dude834

Name : Russ
Merit : -1

down pipe install Empty
PostSubject: Re: down pipe install   down pipe install EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 am

Thanks Dave..
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

down pipe install Empty
PostSubject: Re: down pipe install   down pipe install EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 4:12 pm

th3fr4nchi5e wrote:
There is no bolt up downpipe available for the 95 riv. I made mine out of a U-shaped piece of stainless and a straight piece of stainless cut and welded to the shape of the piece I cut out of the factory exhaust.

Have any headers been confirmed to fit the S1? It looks like the exhaust manifolds are interchangeable........
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

down pipe install Empty
PostSubject: Re: down pipe install   down pipe install EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 8:11 pm

I was under the impression that they were different just from never hearing of someone trying to swap them but I havent the slightest clue
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

down pipe install Empty
PostSubject: Re: down pipe install   down pipe install EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 10:43 am

Series one has siamesed runners. So its exhaust goes: 0-00 instead of 0-0-0 like the series 2. Then even if you cut one runner on a series 2 set of headers and modified, welding onto S1 flanges, the whole angle at the head is different due to the S1 having a 1" taller deck. Soooo, not remotely a nice swap. Though I'm sure anything is possible with enough drive...

down pipe install Empty
PostSubject: Re: down pipe install   down pipe install Empty

Back to top Go down

down pipe install
Page 1 of 1