HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Was Magnasteer an Option on '95-'99?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ubushaus

Name : Joe Martinelli
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Was Magnasteer an Option on '95-'99?   Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello All,

I needed to replace my rack & pinion setup, and thought I found a great deal at Detroit Axle on eBay. I purchased a reman unit from them and when my shop went to install it, it wasn't a Magnasteer setup. Detroit Axle is now contesting that I bought the wrong one since they have a second listing with Magnasteer that I didn't notice at the time.

The question becomes - was Magnasteer even an option on these cars or was it standard equipment? RockAuto only offers Magnasteer units as replacement, and the Detroit Axle website only shows a Magnasteer unit as a replacement. And their website reports that they are not sure what applications the part they sent me is for.

I am asking eBay to step in since they want me to pay return shipping and a restocking fee for their mistake! But I want to make sure I am correct in saying they all came with Magnasteer.

Thanks in advance,
Joe M.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 121

PostSubject: Re: Was Magnasteer an Option on '95-'99?   Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Magnasteer was standard but you can replace the Magnasteer rack with a conventional if you know what you are doing.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Aficionado

Name : Scott
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: Was Magnasteer an Option on '95-'99?   Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:48 am

Please oh please DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DETROIT AXLE!!! The rack will last you maybe 6 months before it will no longer hold fluids. AND, if you're lucky, the internal parts of the rack they send you will be more worn out more than the factory "bad" rack. I've had it happen more than once. Their parts are absolute junk. Chinese junk....
Back to top Go down

Was Magnasteer an Option on '95-'99?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1