Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Delco 12 CD changer.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skatterbrane
Enthusiast
skatterbrane

Name : Rod
Merit : 3

Delco 12 CD changer.  Empty
PostSubject: Delco 12 CD changer.    Delco 12 CD changer.  EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 9:03 pm

I installed a Delco 12 CD changer in the trunk of my 96 Riviera this week. I have done this before on my Buick Roadmasters too. It is weird by all 4 of my Auroras (which I no longer own) had the harness already to accept the Delco changers. But for some reason I guess GM did not think Buick owners wanted a CD changer. As an aside many Cadillacs come with the harness too. Now this is even in cars that do not have a changer (none of my Auroras came with one).

So what I do is buy a slave harness and using the pin map in my Aurora/Riviera shop manual I wire it into the blue connector on the back of the radio. Now I had the Buick radios in my Roadmasters but they both started having intermittent problems with the single CD player either skipping or shutting off and on. This was the case with my Riviera too. So, in all 3 cars I swapped in an Oldsmobile radio. I prefer the layout, the sound and the functionality, plus none of them have ever failed me yet.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Delco 12 CD changer.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delco 12 CD changer.    Delco 12 CD changer.  EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:53 pm

skatterbrane wrote:
I installed a Delco 12 CD changer in the trunk of my 96 Riviera this week. I have done this before on my Buick Roadmasters too. It is weird by all 4 of my Auroras (which I no longer own) had the harness already to accept the Delco changers. But for some reason I guess GM did not think Buick owners wanted a CD changer. As an aside many Cadillacs come with the harness too. Now this is even in cars that do not have a changer (none of my Auroras came with one).

So what I do is buy a slave harness and using the pin map in my Aurora/Riviera shop manual I wire it into the blue connector on the back of the radio. Now I had the Buick radios in my Roadmasters but they both started having intermittent problems with the single CD player either skipping or shutting off and on. This was the case with my Riviera too. So, in all 3 cars I swapped in an Oldsmobile radio. I prefer the layout, the sound and the functionality, plus none of them have ever failed me yet.

Which Olds radio do I use (the Aurora) and do I have to repin it to make it play and to make it take commands from the steering wheel buttons in the Riv?
Back to top Go down

Delco 12 CD changer.
Page 1 of 1