Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Driver seat swap before/after

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
playa
Fanatic
playa

Name : Mark
Merit : 11

Driver seat swap before/after Empty
PostSubject: Driver seat swap before/after   Driver seat swap before/after EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Hey everyone... Did some maintenance on my car last weekend...  Thought I'd show off the before/after of the seats.  a couple weeks ago, the U Pull it here in Oregon had a huge sale...  50% everything and seats were flat rated $15 a seat any style with all components.  I as able to pull a really nice front set out...  Anyway, you can the see the difference.  I'm a little curious if there is a place that sell the factory covers so hit me up if you know cause I do love me old seat.  Pretty embarrassed it got so bad but after I left a screwdriver in the back pocket, I sorta lost the drive to maintain it.  

I pull center caps off the same car - factory chrome ones with all their tabs - $1 a piece!  It was a great sale.  Anyway, much nicer driver seat for $15!  yay  

Driver seat swap before/after 20170415_112639
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat swap before/after   Driver seat swap before/after EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Nice find, Mark!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
playa
Fanatic
playa

Name : Mark
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat swap before/after   Driver seat swap before/after EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:56 pm

AA wrote:
Nice find, Mark!

Thanks... I was tickled pink when I knew the sale they were having. They had just gotten the Rivi in the day before... sad part is some chump already had busted out all the windows so had to deal with glass all over the floor and let me tell you, if the seat in in the down position when they pull the abttery, it makes pulling that seat very very hard.

I spent $60 that day, walked away with 2 complete front seats (passenger looks 100xs better) complete with all motors and heated wiring, driver side remote mirror complete with all wiring and switches, driver side window switch box, all the steering wheel buttons, 2 chrome center caps, some interior LED lights for the door and trim covers... Very good day smile
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat swap before/after   Driver seat swap before/after EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:10 am

You could clean teh old seat up then have an upholsterer "section" it to replace just the busted pieces.  They take the seat cover of and use it to make a pattern to create the needed sections from new, matching leather.  Might cost you a couple-few hundred a section depending on the upholsterer.  Find one by asking the body shop at a relatively large franchise dealership where they send upholstery for used cars on their front line if the need to be repaired.  Depending on the car they will either buy a replacement upholstery or upholstery covers from the factory or they will send it to one or another shop for repair.  You might want to find that shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat swap before/after   Driver seat swap before/after Empty

Back to top Go down

Driver seat swap before/after
Page 1 of 1