Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
haywardwilliamc@gmail.com
Special

Name : Bill Hayward
Merit : 0

1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter? Empty
PostSubject: 1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter?   1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter? EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 am

Hello--I was wondering if anyone knows the exact diameter and thickness in millimeters of the honeycomb screen in the throttle body inlet on the 1995 supercharged Riv? Mine is very brittle and might not survive another removal for cleaning the TB so I am considering having a replacement made, maybe with a backup or two. I know of a shop that makes MAF screens and other honeycomb products to spec, and I took a rough measure of mine screen at 3.25 inches in diameter and 3/16 inch thick but then realized I probably need to be more precise for this machine shop. The diameter I got seems consistent for a spec I found in another forum of an 82.75 mm dimension I found in a Pontiac 3800 forum for inner throttle body inlet diameter of the 94/95 L67. I'll get a pair of calipers if I have to but thought someone here might know or have access to the exact measure. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter?   1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter? EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 12:49 pm

haywardwilliamc@gmail.com wrote:
Hello--I was wondering if anyone knows the exact diameter and thickness in millimeters of the honeycomb screen in the throttle body inlet on the 1995 supercharged Riv? Mine is very brittle and might not survive another removal for cleaning the TB so I am considering having a replacement made, maybe with a backup or two. I know of a shop that makes MAF screens and other honeycomb products to spec, and I took a rough measure of mine screen at 3.25 inches in diameter and 3/16 inch thick but then realized I probably need to be more precise for this machine shop. The diameter I got seems consistent for a spec I found in another forum of an 82.75 mm dimension I found in a Pontiac 3800 forum for inner throttle body inlet diameter of the 94/95 L67. I'll get a pair of calipers if I have to but thought someone here might know or have access to the exact measure. Thanks in advance!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-25-OD-83mm-OD-x-0-5-MAF-Air-Flow-Straightener-Screen-0-187-5mm-Open-Cell-/251913146251
Back to top Go down
haywardwilliamc@gmail.com
Special

Name : Bill Hayward
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter?   1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter? EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Many thanks, albertj!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter?   1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter? EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Summit Racing used to have OE ones but I guess they don't anymore.

You can always use a file or dremel mototool to make them a little smaller.  Making them a little bigger does not work (duh... why did I write that?)  

Mind the retainer spring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter?   1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter? Empty

Back to top Go down

1995 Throttle Body Honeycomb Screen Diameter?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: