The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
96RivZzZ
Rookie

Name : Zach
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Hey everyone, I was planning on ordering an aeroforce scan gauge (2 1/16" gauge) and wanted to put it in place of one of the two driver door vents depending on how the wiring would end up. Anyways, do these vent cover piece clip out? Or are they integrated into the piece in the door panel?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jbird
Enthusiast

Name : Jeff
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:12 pm

I know some have done it, u may have to be a little patient, activity has decreased a bit lately.
have you searched "aeroforce"? You may find some info.
Jbird
Back to top Go down
96RivZzZ
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Thanks for the response, I'm not all that worried about quick response, just figured Id check around if anyone has messed with these vents before I try and end up breaking the vent cover lol. Ive looked around a bit for more info, with very little luck though.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado

Name : Larry
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:47 pm

I put a boost and oil pressure gauge where the ashtray is. Pretty easy as that whole panel with the CD holders pops out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
96RivZzZ
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Was there some sort of guage kit to raplace the ash tray? Id love to mount the guage in a good spot if there is a dash kit for a single guage pod?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 106

PostSubject: Re: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:58 am

96RivZzZ wrote:
Hey everyone,  I was planning on ordering an aeroforce scan gauge (2 1/16" gauge) and wanted to put it in place of one of the two driver door vents depending on how the wiring would end up.  Anyways, do these vent cover piece clip out?  Or are they integrated into the piece in the door panel?

Thanks!

Many guys on here have installed an Aeroforce gauge in the drivers door vent.

I would think there would be several write-ups on it. But I don't know if those have been lost over time as I have not been active on here in a long time.

But, if you take your time and look at the vent with the door panel removed you'll figure it out. And you can run all the wiring through the existing rubber boot between the door and the A pillar.

Good luck with your install. It's a great gauge to install.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru

Merit : 85

PostSubject: Re: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 pm

I had my vent piece out recently while I touched up the paint on the door panel.  Both door vents are part of one plastic part that runs down to the other end of the vent in the door panel - you know, the part that seals against the dash when the door is closed.  It's easy enough to remove.  There's a screw at the top/front of the door panel, one at the top/back of the door panel, one under a cover behind the interior door handle, and two under covers in the door pull.  Once you have those removed, the door panel lifts up.  Before you pull up the door panel, find something around 12 inches tall and put it inside the door, so you have something to sit the heavy door panel on.  There are three or four connectors you'll have to undo, if you want to take the door panel somewhere else to work.  For this job, you don't really have to.  The door vent is only held on by two pressed on nuts at the top, and the rubber piece at the bottom.  It's not even a little hard to remove, but be careful not to lose the little nut things (actually they're more like washers, I don't know what they're properly called).  

If you do this and want to go back to stock later you'll have to find another vent piece.
Back to top Go down
96RivZzZ
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)   Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks everyone, I finally ordered and had the gauge show up, and earlier I took off the door panel just to see what all I'm working/dealing with. So far it looks like it will be an easy job (but I have said those words before...). Maybe I'll post some pictures or something to help anyone else wondering about this?
Back to top Go down

Taking out door vent for gauge? (95-99 Riv)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: