Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Gas smell at top of motor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Gas smell at top of motor Empty
PostSubject: Gas smell at top of motor   Gas smell at top of motor EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 11:12 am

I caught a whiff of gas while changing the rear plugs. I can smell it at the two fuel line connectors on top of the supercharger. I may have bumped them too hard while trying to get the deepest plugs, or maybe they're getting too old? Or is it normal to smell a little? I don't see a leak, but maybe I get one as soon as I start the car and the system pressurizes. I could do without that.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Gas smell at top of motor   Gas smell at top of motor EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Check for it to be sure BUT depending on what was going on when you stopped the engine it could just have been fuel/air mix from one of those cylinders.

Last edited by albertj on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Gas smell at top of motor   Gas smell at top of motor EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 8:35 pm

I'm sure it's the connectors on top of the SC. I don't suppose this could be as easy as replacing some O-rings? I don't see any visible damage or fuel leaking, only my nose says something is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Gas smell at top of motor   Gas smell at top of motor EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Ran the car for a few minutes today, couldn't find a problem. The gas smell is less than before, doesn't seem like anything out of the normal now. Strange, but there it is.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Gas smell at top of motor   Gas smell at top of motor EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Well, you might have tweaked the lines enough to leak some fuel, but not enough to cause a permanent leak, so my guess is it might take awhile for the fuel smell to go away completely. If you can't see the leak, I'd just keep an eye on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Gas smell at top of motor   Gas smell at top of motor EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 2:47 pm

No visible leaks, even after running it. I'll watch it and see what develops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas smell at top of motor   Gas smell at top of motor Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas smell at top of motor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: