The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in

Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Enthusiast

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : -1

Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? Empty
PostSubject: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 11:43 pm

I like the idea of maintaining the factory radio but I want to add Bluetooth. is there a way to put a 3.5 auxiliary line in or do I have to trash the factory radio and get something else?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Its been years so I couldnt tell you exactly what we used for my car when my dad and I installed mine, but we bought a processor to add an aux. the stereo looks stock in the cabin but I have a processor and amp in the trunk. The processor allows you to add inputs like an aux. the only downside is, aux volume needs to be controlled by the processor, so I have a separate volume knob installed where the ash tray would be for Aux volume. Stereo works normally if Im using CD/AM/FM
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm

I found a vid on you tube,
my 12v guy will make something work. What color is your interior?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 1:45 am

carguy8888 wrote:
What color is your interior?

Tan with a light colored woodgrain
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:53 am

My car will be white with a burgundy interior. Where your original wheels Chrome or silver?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 10:11 am

Silver, Im thinking about going back to the stock wheels and selling the ones on the car in the spring.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 am

My car has silver wheels as well which I'm thinking of Plasti dipping in Chrome.I found the set of beautiful stock chrome rims but they're too far from me.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru
albertj

Name :
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
I like the idea of maintaining the factory radio but I want to add Bluetooth. is there a way to put a 3.5 auxiliary line in or do I have to trash the factory radio and get something else?

I'm sure you can, there is a company selling modified factory radios for either 3.5 aux *or* bluetooth, and modified for 3.5 aux *and* bluetooth. .

If you get the one with just 3.5 Aux you can plug a bluetooth adapter into it and it will link your phone correctly for calls as well as music provided *the adapter* supports that.

See the link:

https://www.1factoryradio.com/aux-input/#/?_=1&filter.categories_hierarchy=AUX%20INPUT%2FBUICK&page=1&filter.brand=Buick

Look at the 2000-2001 LeSabre radios. Contact the seller to learn more.

Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 1:45 pm

If I want to search for a double din what size should I look for?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 11:06 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
If I want to search for a double din what size should I look for?

I don't understand this question -- but youcan check crutchfield.com for a selectoin of double din radios that will fit and the p/n for the Scosche kits needed.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 7:20 am

Thank you for the help, I don't know how that company did not come up in my Google search.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
Thank you for the help, I don't know how that company did not come up in my Google search.

Probably because Google thinks it can sell you something else. Remember - their results are driven in part by advertising $.

Crutchfield has been around so long I doubt they need Google all that much beyond organic search results. I have never been disappointed with a radio for a car I got through Crutchfield. They fit; they provide the jumpers and brackets so the install is truly reversible, and the face panels so that it really looks right in the dash. They are *not* the cheapest but if you factor in the fitting and electrical bits, they usually *are*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?   Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you add a 3.5 aux import to the OE radio?
Page 1 of 1