Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
18tyweslow
Special
18tyweslow

Name : Tyler Weslow
Merit : 0

0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods? Empty
PostSubject: 0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods?   0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods? EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:22 am

Hiya guys, pretty far fetched question but I’m curious..

What would I expect for a 0-60 time with a 3.5” pulley? I hear it adds about 15-20 horsepower. I have supporting mods like a custom FWI, colder plugs, 180 stat, scanned with no kr (but it could be becusse its -50 degree wind chills here in Wisconsin.)

I know our cars make 240hp and 280lb/ft stock... so say I’m making 260/300 with the mods? Who knows, that’s why I’m asking the experts!

Thanks guys,

18tyweslow
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: 0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods?   0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods? EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Really tough to estimate times without taking a car to the track and getting real numbers. In racing from a stop, two cars with identical mods could run different times based on road surface, tires, driver, outside temperature. Also, some cars take to the exact same Mods slightly different, especially on a 20 year old car.

0-60 time is easy enough to time with a stopwatch. If you’re wanting numbers to compare to theres some times in this thread:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t6-official-0-60-mph-1-4-mile-riviera-ets-list

You can look in some peoples signatures for mods. Your car is modded to a pretty common level. If your car is issue free and has good tires, I would expect something around 6 seconds but again, lots of variables at play.

Imo, 0-60 times are for marketing more than anything. 1/4 mile times are much more useful for judging how “fast” a car is. And running a 1/4 mile at a strip you get #s like 60’ and 1/8 mile that will help you know if your car is performing well off the line vs once you get traction.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: 0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods?   0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 11:30 pm

After changing the pulley do you need to tune or do anything else? will you feel a difference?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: 0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods?   0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 pm

You will absolutely feel a difference without a tune. You will be able to get more out of the pulley drop and other mods, and safely, with a tune. The Rivs take a couple tenths drop in pully size pretty well without many other mods. I would make sure you own a scan tool to test for KR before dropping pulley sizes because just because its okay now, doesnt mean you’re car will take it as well during the warm summer months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods?   0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods? Empty

Back to top Go down

0-60 Estimation with 3.5” Pulley + Supporting Mods?
Page 1 of 1