Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. Empty
PostSubject: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm

I bought this car sight unseen because it was roughly seven hundred miles from me and I figured it was cheap enough to take a shot. There was a woman on eBay selling a set of OEM wheels for a regal that I liked and she was roughly a hundred miles even further from the dealership where I bought the car. We made a deal and she got no car drove two hours one way and put the wheels in my trunk before I even got them. Luckily everything worked out for the most part. The wheels did livin it up a little bit. I'm assuming my original rims are worthless and I should just scrap them?

I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. 20190414_112429
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Why would the original rims be worthless? Are they damaged? I bought an extra stock rim so I could have a full size spare. There are places that sell used stock rims online.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 9:11 pm

They're not terrible but they're also not show pieces. Unfortunately, shipping usually makes selling rims online cost-prohibitive.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 10:34 am

carguy8888 wrote:
They're not terrible but they're also not show pieces. Unfortunately, shipping usually makes selling rims online cost-prohibitive.

For your old rims:

- consider trading them at a salvage yard for parts you *do* want/need.
- consider sanding the imperfections smooth, etching them clean with an appropriate wheel cleaner (one containing Ammonium Bifluoride, read the label and *be sure* to use it outdoors or in well ventilated area) then repainting with wheel paint to use for winter tires.
- consider listing them on an ebay or regional (craigslist) classified anyway, you might be surprised.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 pm

All great ideas but I think I am going to just chuck them so I don't have to deal with crazies for a few bucks, the chrome wheels were only $160 which made a big difference.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 7:32 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
All great ideas but I think I am going to just chuck them so I don't have to deal with crazies for a few bucks, the chrome wheels were only $160 which made a big difference.

Being in the NY metro area -- consider *giving* them to an auto yard - just tell them to try to remember you when you need parts. And, you will need parts. The center caps can be sold for $$ to $$$ (chrome centers are $100 each if good) and can be replaced with plain ones -- so those rims will fit and look alright on pretty much any GM with FWD and the same bolt pattern/spacing.
Back to top Go down
nickwon

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Looks great. Regarding your old wheels, try to sell them locally so shipping won't be a big hassle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.   I got a super deal on a set of regal rims. Empty

Back to top Go down

I got a super deal on a set of regal rims.
Page 1 of 1