Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Gold Emblems and vinyl roof??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boyd98Rivi
Special

Name : CircleJerk
Merit : 0

Gold Emblems and vinyl roof?? Empty
PostSubject: Gold Emblems and vinyl roof??   Gold Emblems and vinyl roof?? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm

Just looked @ a 95 with these options.  Can't find production figures for this unusual car. Also had the optional wood grain dash. Can someone help me decide if I should buy it?  Oh, it has 60,000 on it. Or so the speedo says...

Sorry, just found out I have a Carriage vinyl top that looks like a rag top, and dealer installed emblems! This site is good if I just can find stuff! I'll take a chance and hope I can get the engine vibration out. Rockers sound like they are making noise so perhaps that's the problem. Is there a camshaft problem like going flat or a lifter failure potential? Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Gold Emblems and vinyl roof?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Emblems and vinyl roof??   Gold Emblems and vinyl roof?? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 9:51 am

Boyd98Rivi wrote:
Just looked @ a 95 with these options.  Can't find production figures for this unusual car. Also had the optional wood grain dash. Can someone help me decide if I should buy it?  Oh, it has 60,000 on it. Or so the speedo says...

Sorry, just found out I have a Carriage vinyl top that looks like a rag top, and dealer installed emblems!  This site is good if I just can find stuff! I'll take a chance and hope I can get the engine vibration out.  Rockers sound like they are making noise so perhaps that's the problem.  Is there a camshaft problem like going flat or a lifter failure potential?  Thank you!!

The car has roller rockers; if your car has had normal maintenance a problem there isn't likely. Lifters are hydraulic.

The 'whiskey 6' isn't all that smooth an engine even with the balance shaft. Check your motor mounts, they soak up almost all the vibration when they are good but are not real robust from the factory. The replacement ones are more robust but can pass some vibration.

Beyond that, there are other things you can check. On my car, I got rid of a lope by electrically matching *coils*.
Back to top Go down

Gold Emblems and vinyl roof??
Page 1 of 1