Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New guy in Raleigh NC

Go down 
+2
Jack the R
ejulien6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ejulien6
Special

Name : EJ
Merit : 0

New guy in Raleigh NC Empty
PostSubject: New guy in Raleigh NC   New guy in Raleigh NC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Hello all. I just recently purchased a one owner fully loaded 1997 Riviera with 147,000 miles on the odometer. So far I've changed all the fluids, replaced the tires, and tinted the windows. The plan is to keep it stock mechanically, tighten up any issues and make this a nice weekend cruiser. I think I may have gotten Buick fever because a few months ago I picked up a one owner 2007 Buick Lucerne (white diamond with tan interior) with 149K on the clock. So far I'm loving the 3800 V6 and now that I have a supercharged 3800 it's even more fun behind the wheel.

One thing I just noticed on the Riviera is the back of the engine rises up when switching from park to drive so I think the transmission mount is bad. This wouldn't suprise me because I had to replace two engine mounts on the Lucerne when I first bought it. The mounts on the Lucerne were very easy fixes with a jack and a few tools. The Riv also has a slight oil leak which I need to track down and fix as well. Hoping both of these are easy fixes on the pocket book.

Anyway, I've admired the Rivieras since they were first introduced in 1995 and I'm glad to have finally picked one up 25 years later. On another note my brother has a 1997 white/burgundy Riviera which is currently sitting in his garage (Rust Belt) due to a rusted sub frame. Everything else on the car is in good condition so I may buy it and use it for spare parts if needed. I'll be searching this board for the wealth of knowledge so many others have contributed.

New guy in Raleigh NC Screen11
New guy in Raleigh NC Screen11
New guy in Raleigh NC Buick311
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Raleigh NC   New guy in Raleigh NC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Welcome! I swear, Rivieras are selling better now than when they were new! So many new members lately!

ejulien6 likes this post

Back to top Go down
98RivOwner

Name : 98RivOwner
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Raleigh NC   New guy in Raleigh NC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Nice looking 97, same color as my 98.

Welcome!

ejulien6 likes this post

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Raleigh NC   New guy in Raleigh NC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 4:45 pm

The Lucerne is also a G-platform just like the Riv, descendant of the Aurora. Although not identical many of the Lucerne bits bolt onto the Riv. I am told the rear subframe for instance, if you swap it on complete.

ejulien6 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Raleigh NC   New guy in Raleigh NC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Welcome nice rides!

ejulien6 likes this post

Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Raleigh NC   New guy in Raleigh NC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 pm

Welcome EJ

ejulien6 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Raleigh NC   New guy in Raleigh NC Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy in Raleigh NC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: