Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

97 Control arms

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Derrick_7666
Special

Name : Derrick MacDonald
Merit : 0

97 Control arms Empty
PostSubject: 97 Control arms   97 Control arms EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 8:56 am

I have seen many posts about control arms and various alternate bushings but does anyone have a link to the doorman arms to fit a 97 with the vertical front bushing? Anywhere I look for 97 LCA's it's always the 2 horizontal ones. I'd rather buy the whole assembly then use close fitting bushings for other vehicles. Any help is appreciated, and sorry if this has been recently asked and I missed it. Also would anyone know if the rear horizontal bushing is the same size as the other 97 horizontal bushings?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

97 Control arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: 97 Control arms   97 Control arms EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:45 am

Derrick_7666 wrote:
I have seen many posts about control arms and various alternate bushings but does anyone have a link to the doorman arms to fit a 97 with the vertical front bushing? Anywhere I look for 97 LCA's it's always the 2 horizontal ones. I'd rather buy the whole assembly then use close fitting bushings for other vehicles. Any help is appreciated, and sorry if this has been recently asked and I missed it. Also would anyone know if the rear horizontal bushing is the same size as the other 97 horizontal bushings?

Hopefully others will chime in - but my understanding is the control arm you have was a "short run" and isn't available aftermarket, so re-bushing it (re-bush yours or a good set of junkyard arms) is the way to go.

Check with an ACDelco parts house about the ACDelco 45G9177 Suspension Control Arm Bushing and the ACDelco 45G9333 Suspension Control Arm Bushing, which are the frontward and rear bushes for the 1996-style control arms, see if they match up to your arms. I kinda wonder if you have a 96 that was sold as a 97 model or some such. Not sure that ever happens, though. Maybe the *cradle* (front subframe) was swapped for the 96 (they do swap). I just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Derrick_7666
Special

Name : Derrick MacDonald
Merit : 0

97 Control arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: 97 Control arms   97 Control arms EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 pm

My understanding based on what I have read is the 97's with that style LCA have a bigger bushing than the 96. I also read about one that fits but is not made for the car Masuma RU590. I think its a bushing for a rav4 or something I can get that one. But wanted to confirm there was no other tested options.
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

97 Control arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: 97 Control arms   97 Control arms EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Another tested option is machining metal rings/adapters to make smaller '95-96 bushings fit '97 LCA.

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

97 Control arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: 97 Control arms   97 Control arms EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:59 pm

Now that I've had a while to think about it - I dimly recall another list member, more than a decade ago, who came up with a retrofit for that LCA. You might want to search this site a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

97 Control arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: 97 Control arms   97 Control arms Empty

Back to top Go down

97 Control arms
Page 1 of 1