Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

what IS that ????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

Name : Mek
Merit : 2

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 4:20 pm

today i went under my car to finally get some new rubber hangers on the exhaust cause all 4 the old ones had completely tore off and the pipes were just hanging. as soon as i got it, i had tied up the exhaust with some type of long fastener flat belt type thing i had found and it held up. lol with that been said, i noticed a line under the passenger side was broken. i looked at where it might go and it looks like some box under there, it has a little nipple where the tiny rubber hose would go, but i dont know what it could be lol i need help. it’s directly beside where the exhaust hanger goes. heres some pics any ideas?what IS that ???? 04785e10
what IS that ???? F60aca10
what IS that ???? 7bcf3710

i tried to take close ups so yall can see the broken hose
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 11:21 pm

hello i am guessing its your air pump for your auto leveling system, i,m sure albertj will have your answer, good luck thumbsup
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 am

Rivieraz wrote:
hello i am guessing its your air pump for your auto leveling system, i,m sure albertj will have your answer, good luck thumbsup

i think you’re right, i just looked on google images and sure looks like the culprit, thanks 🙏🏾 im boutta look online for the replacement hose. this the first air suspension car ive owned, hope everything works
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 3:36 am

Yeah Mekk, it's the air pump. Just a hose.
Asked my brother and that's what he said too.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 10:18 am

stan wrote:

thanks for confirming, the hose should be easy enough to replace for now. ill probably end up converting the air suspension to coilovers in the future
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Mekk,....or even you can check this eBay Riv for parts ( for cheap ). It's even your color.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WHEEL-16X6-1-2-ALUMINUM-15-SPOKE-MACHINED-OUTER-EDGE-FITS-95-96-RIVIERA-9907710/274561270978?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20180816085401%26meid%3Dd972b9c8f4a24bdcb9245ff2aee884f4%26pid%3D100970%26rk%3D12%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D164533453234%26itm%3D274561270978%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057%26brand%3DBuick&_trksid=p2380057.c100970.m5481&_trkparms=pageci%3A1c097ecf-3016-11eb-814c-02d202b51422%7Cparentrq%3A05d670351760aaecb06889e6ffda1ffe%7Ciid%3A1

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 2:24 pm

stan wrote:
Mekk,....or even you can check this eBay Riv for parts ( for cheap ). It's even your color.

woww! thank you stan, not all heroes wear capes! i quickly messaged the seller on ebay about the parts i need, im excited about that dashboard in there. im just waiting for a response now 🙏🏾 you’re awesome!
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 2:53 pm

bbyshrk wrote:
stan wrote:

woww! thank you stan, not all heroes wear capes! i quickly messaged the seller on ebay about the parts i need, im excited about that dashboard in there. im just waiting for a response now 🙏🏾 you’re awesome!

Sure Mekk ,no problem. God bless you for resurrecting another one . Try not to spray paint anything. Replace only with original factory parts (especially interior) if you can.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 3:33 pm

stan wrote:
bbyshrk wrote:
stan wrote:

Sure Mekk ,no problem. God bless you for resurrecting another one . Try not to spray paint anything. Replace only with original factory parts (especially interior) if you can.

Happy Thanksgiving.

yes sir! im doing my best to keep it all factory on the interior, only a couple upgrades will be made in there (like a new head unit that will connect to my phone, and maybe a better steering wheel) thank you again, and happy thanksgiving to you too!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 3:17 pm

bbyshrk wrote:
stan wrote:

thanks for confirming, the hose should be easy enough to replace for now. ill probably end up converting the air suspension to coilovers in the future

Check if it is actually working.

I would not bother changing to coilovers because the air shocks are not much $$ and are readily available.
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 1:20 am

albertj wrote:
bbyshrk wrote:
stan wrote:

Check if it is actually working.

I would not bother changing to coilovers because the air shocks are not much $$ and are readily available.

will do! ive never really heard the pump running but whats crazy is i didnt notice any suspension issues while i was driving the car. im sure the parts for the pump aren’t that expensive or hard to find.. i just rather have the car sit lower, the stock height and the air suspension just isnt really my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 8:00 am

If everything is working correctly, the pump will run from 3-5 seconds as a check, EVERY TIME you cycle the ignition on AFTER a 17-35 second delay. You can simply turn the ignition on without starting the engine. Then walk around to the right side rear wheel and wait for 35 seconds. The pump should briefly run for 3-5 seconds. If the system isn't working, and obviously, yours isn't, the back of the car will be low. This makes the tire camber excessively negative, and you can see it. The tops of the rear tires will tilt in. There are no other symptoms, so you wouldn't otherwise notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 11:02 pm

LARRY70GS wrote:
If everything is working correctly, the pump will run from 3-5 seconds as a check, EVERY TIME you cycle the ignition on AFTER a 17-35 second delay. You can simply turn the ignition on without starting the engine. Then walk around to the right side rear wheel and wait for 35 seconds. The pump should briefly run for 3-5 seconds. If the system isn't working, and obviously, yours isn't, the back of the car will be low. This makes the tire camber excessively negative, and you can see it. The tops of the rear tires will tilt in. There are no other symptoms, so you wouldn't otherwise notice.

yeah my cars never done that lol. that sounds cool as hell though. ive never even seen a never car do that unless it was on airbags
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what IS that ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what IS that ????   what IS that ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

what IS that ????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: