Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New guy here, I think.

Go down 
+4
albertj
Rivieraz
OBD1.5
Briz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Briz
Rookie

Name : Stephen Brisbois
Merit : 0

New guy here, I think.  Empty
PostSubject: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Hey all, Its Briz. I dont remember registering on this forum but my info is stored so I probably did sometime in the past. I have aquired 2 last gen Rivs and will probably be parting them out. Will post in the correct place. Thanks for having me.
Back to top Go down
OBD1.5
Amateur

Name : Mark

PostSubject: Hello fellow Riviera brothers/sisters   New guy here, I think.  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Finally registered but have been reading the pages for a long while
I saved 2 95's S/C from getting squashed at the metal recycling facility both 1 owner cars one with 85k and the other with 145k the higher mileage one is nearly mint condition save for a few dings in the doors not a speck of rust considering it lived in the rust belt all its life....unfortunately the lower mileage one has rotted out unibody at middle body to frame mount plus electrical ghost like no tomorrow
greetings

Briz likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 pm

hi Welcome!Where from?Any pic's?
Back to top Go down
Briz
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:36 pm

[quote="Rivieraz"]hi Welcome!Where from?Any pic's?[/quoNew guy here, I think.  Kimg0310
New guy here, I think.  Kimg0510
te]
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 10:49 pm

OBD1.5 wrote:
Finally registered but have been reading the pages for a long while
I saved 2 95's S/C from getting squashed at the metal recycling facility both 1 owner cars one with 85k and the other with 145k the higher mileage one is nearly mint condition save for a few dings in the doors not a speck of rust considering it lived in the rust belt all its life....unfortunately the lower mileage one has rotted out unibody at middle body to frame mount plus electrical ghost like no tomorrow
greetings

If you mind the maintenance and use the info on this site, the higher mileage one will make a very nice driver for a long time.
Back to top Go down
OBD1.5
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Ontario yes unbelievable shape it's been garage kept all its life and it was ready to get cubed I have a large coolant leak at the moment so it's parked ti next spring I work on the cars outside in the driveway
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 3:34 pm

rock

Briz likes this post

Back to top Go down
OBD1.5
Amateur

PostSubject: Hello fellow Riviera brothers/sisters   New guy here, I think.  EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 5:57 pm

New guy here, I think.  20200216
Saved from the crusher

MaxLegroom and bbyshrk like this post

Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:55 pm

very nice!!
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

Name : Mek
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 am

OBD1.5 wrote:
Saved from the crusher
wow, who would crush such a masterpiece? welcome by the way!
Back to top Go down
OBD1.5
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 6:31 am

An old guy owned it from new....he just turned 90 and the family took it to the scrapyard....they didn't even bother to try and sell it.....I'm guessing garage kept all its life and not driven in winter...all original still has all gm part tag stickers on lines underneath everything except air working as intended....
Back to top Go down
Briz
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 7:58 am

OBD1.5 wrote:
An old guy owned it from new....he just turned 90 and the family took it to the scrapyard....they didn't even bother to try and sell it.....I'm guessing garage kept all its life and not driven in winter...all original still has all gm part tag stickers on lines underneath everything except air working as intended....

I would hope my kids would know what ones to crush and which to keep. Probably by then the heard might be thinned out.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 9:15 am

Glad you saved it and hope you get to enjoy it. my car was taken away from a 90-year-old lady. I believe her kids sold it to a dealer for pennies. I wish it was in as good a shape as your car but it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 1:05 pm

cool clap very nice!Carry on and Riv on!!! 3gears cheers

carguy8888 likes this post

Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Ohhh yeah. Very nice. Gotta change the rims....
Back to top Go down
OBD1.5
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 4:05 pm

Yes they're American racing rims....I've got another 95 with the original rims I will swap them out
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 4:44 pm

OBD1.5 wrote:
Saved from the crusher

I kinda like these rims, they look like they could have been a stock rim in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 9:21 pm

OBD1.5 wrote:

Wow. Just Wow. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy here, I think.    New guy here, I think.  Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy here, I think.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: