Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

going down the checklist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

Name : Mek
Merit : 2

going down the checklist Empty
PostSubject: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:56 pm

everythings going ok, but i only been getting 3 days a week of free time to work on the riv this whole month due to my job’s crazy hrs. not to mention the shorter days, cold weather, 2.5 hr train ride to pick n pull (+2.5 hour train ride back), the ft worth pick n pull closing at 4:30 everyday, and the good ol time consuming trouble shooting and research process. so im moving at a slow but steady pace.i recently got a replacement master cylinder and brake booster to swap in, the power antenna for the trunk, and a couple other random parts. ill probably be attempting the master cylinder and brake booster install tomorrow because the old one is rusty as hell and my brakes sink all the way to the floor when i press em down. if all goes well i’ll probably slap in the antenna too since thats easy. as for the airbag light issue, ive been learning more and more about the srs systems in these cars and they’re a pretty delicate ecosystem. i updated the airbag thread with details if y’all care for those, but long story short i believe i need a replacement clock spring so i’ll be back at pick n pull next week (my days off are mon, tues & thurs) i also replaced the 02 sensor so thats good lol 1 step closer to registration. i’ll keep yall updated with progress. going down the checklist F4ca2b10
going down the checklist 5e475710
going down the checklist 3f917b10
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:58 pm

the old 02 sensor and the new one in the box. swapped them and cleared the code 😁going down the checklist 95c51710
going down the checklist Cad17210

Rivieraz likes this post

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 12:12 am

Those oil fill spouts didn't fit my Riv, too tall and hit the insulator under the hood. I installed one and used it less than 1 week. Was a pain.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 12:12 am

Those oil fill spouts didn't fit my Riv, too tall and hit the insulator under the hood.  I installed one and used it less than 1 week.  Was a pain.
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 12:48 am

albertj wrote:
Those oil fill spouts didn't fit my Riv, too tall and hit the insulator under the hood.  I installed one and used it less than 1 week.  Was a pain.
really? ☹ i was really excited about them
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 7:21 pm

bbyshrk wrote:
albertj wrote:

Sell 'em on eBay to help pay for your pick n pull run.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Update: i was pleasantly surprised how easy all the bolts to the master cylinder came off after letting the bolt blaster sit. this thing is done for. it looks like the ghost of the original master cylinder lol. i’ll be cleaning the plastic tank and installing them on the new master. hopefully ill have some time to pull the booster out and swap the new one in but its raining right now.going down the checklist 67236b10
going down the checklist 734c7010
going down the checklist 89b5a510
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 5:43 pm

albertj wrote:
bbyshrk wrote:
albertj wrote:

Sell 'em on eBay to help pay for your pick n pull run.
i put it on a few days ago and haven’t noticed anything yet. there is a little indent in my insulator but its not really lined up with where the spout would touch it. and its not really the shape of the spout. but idk, is this what yours did when you closed the hood?
going down the checklist 54446b10
going down the checklist 7ab60710
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 3:16 am

cleaned the fluid reservoir and put it on the new master cylinder 😁 the difference is crazy!going down the checklist E7179110
going down the checklist B9fe4310
going down the checklist 5fe6a010
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 9:52 pm

Mine made a mild indentation because I did not slam the hood shut on it, I lowered the hood to see if it made contact and it did.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going down the checklist   going down the checklist Empty

Back to top Go down

going down the checklist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: