HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Write-Up: Fixing HVAC Climate Control Lighting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Z-type
Aficionado

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 59

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fixing HVAC Climate Control Lighting   Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:37 pm

I may have messed something up with my original unit. The display is a little funky. when the unit is off, Auto and Off button LED's are both illuminated, and the display shows the exterior temperature just fine. Once I turn the unit on, no matter the mode, it tries to show exterior and interior set temperature at the SAME TIME. And, in negative degrees lol.

I swapped in my spare unit for the time being. I liked my red Off LED too rolleyes razz
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 124

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fixing HVAC Climate Control Lighting   Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am

Using your photos take a second look at how you resoldered your resistors and use a meter to check for continuity between the resistors and the PC board traces. I am thinking you have a rosin bubble that is insulating a connection, one of the original resistors was marginal and the heat from resoldering did it in giving you an open or moving the resistance, or a trace is open.

When I re-did my board I used higher wattage/same value/narrower tolerance resistors meant for use in RF applications, that I bought from DigiKey (http://www.digikey.com). I also ended up wire-wrapping the connections as the heat had done in the traces on the board.

Albertj

Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 59

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fixing HVAC Climate Control Lighting   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 pm

I think you're right Albert. I've obviously already swapped the unit out so I can work on it whenever. I see what you're talking about in the pictures, looking back. Easy enough to redo! I just liked my red LED lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fixing HVAC Climate Control Lighting   

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Fixing HVAC Climate Control Lighting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6