Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

crashed my car :(

Go down 
+4
carguy8888
Jack the R
stan
bbyshrk
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

Name : Mek
Merit : 2

crashed my car :( Empty
PostSubject: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:28 am

well kinda. it was raining and my master cylinder was acting up. ended up trying to stop at a red light and slid a little bit. nothing crazy cause i wasn’t going fast but i am very heartbroken about it. the right side corner signal lamp fell out, and theres a little poke hole from the truck’s tow hitch. im happy its nothing crazy, but i dont even want to post the pictures. if yall really wanna see, just let me know and ill post the pictures 😔 ANYWAYS, replaced the master cylinder with a brand new one, and new signal lamp already on the way. i just wanna show yall my stockpile of parts waiting to be installed, and the new radiator hoses 😏 im still waiting to be able to do these, im missing a few components to make em work for now but on friday im getting another car to move around in while i park this and get to work on it.crashed my car :( 83fc7c10
crashed my car :( 90b21410
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:33 am

😍😍 dual pistons 😋🤤 crashed my car :( B4442b10
crashed my car :( 52e3fd10
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 am

cleaned out the aluminum uim, trying to decide on painting or polishing it, but eventually i want to top swap this. this intake swap is just for shits n giggles right now. heres a before and after. i still need to clean the l67 throttle body. i want to port them but i dont know if i trust myself not to shave off too much. do yall think its worth it to take em to a machine shop? how will THEY know whats too thin? i wanna port the lower intake eventually so this would be helpful. crashed my car :( A545a110
crashed my car :( 6c6a5410
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 4:23 am

Shit....
Yeah post pics if you can, so we can see....
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 am

stan wrote:
Shit....
Yeah post pics if you can, so we can see....
tow hitch poked her right in the kisser. im glad its not terrible. i was coming up on a red light and i was slowing down alreadycrashed my car :( Afa44a10
crashed my car :( 21b43410
crashed my car :( 243fbc10
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 5:20 pm

For a wreck, it's not that bad.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Not bad Mek. Shit happens ...so what. We`ll fix it somehow.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 2:36 am

Jack the R wrote:
For a wreck, it's not that bad.
yeah, honestly could’ve been wayy worse. i just hate looking at the damage for now
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 2:37 am

stan wrote:
Not bad Mek. Shit happens ...so what. We`ll fix it somehow.
yessir, no harm done (well not too much anyways lol) she’ll be looking even better than before in no time
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Too bad the damage was not exactly in the middle of the bumper and you could have just installed a front license plate bracket.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 pm

If those radiator hoses are the heater core hoses, a hose pick is your friend for removing the old ones. Nice to have for the front hoses too but not necessary.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:54 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
Too bad the damage was not exactly in the middle of the bumper and you could have just installed a front license plate bracket.
haha yeah, thatd be real nice and convenient, ate least to hide the damage for now cause i hate front plates. i’ll probably do the body filler foam thing and just wait to paint the car

carguy8888 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Jack the R wrote:
If those radiator hoses are the heater core hoses, a hose pick is your friend for removing the old ones.  Nice to have for the front hoses too but not necessary.
these are just upper and lower radiator hoses but i need to look into changing the other hoses too so thanks for the heads up, i had such a hard time with the lower hose i just left it uninstalled for now. ill probably try the hose pick or worst case ill put it in with a new radiator
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 11:04 pm

You can do the heater hoses with these little guys here - Link

Wal Mart should have them for around $5.

It's nice to have the pro tools if you're a pro mechanic, but anything you can shove up under the hose to break it loose will do.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cliff96
Enthusiast

Name : Cliff
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Catch can   crashed my car :( EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 3:22 pm

I have a 96 supercharged Riviera. I was wondering if anyone had installed a catch can on the supercharged engine? I searched under catch can abd didnt see anything. Thanks
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 5:53 pm

Cliff96 wrote:
I have a 96 supercharged Riviera. I was wondering if anyone had installed a catch can on the supercharged engine? I searched under catch can abd didnt see anything. Thanks

For what purpose?

Given the internal location of the PCV valve, not sure how you could do that anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Cliff96
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 6:05 pm

Ive read that turbo charged and super charged engines generate more crank case pressure and can sometimes overwhelm the stock pcv valve. A catch can would relieve excess pressure? Don't know, maybe im wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cliff96
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 6:08 pm

Bbyshrk did you find a replacement bumper cover? There are a couple of Riviera's at an LKQ in the Clearwater Fl. area
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 6:14 pm

Cliff96 wrote:
Ive read that turbo charged and super charged engines generate more crank case pressure and can sometimes overwhelm the stock pcv valve. A catch can would relieve excess pressure? Don't know, maybe im wrong.

No, a catch can goes between the PCV valve and intake. It's job is to separate oil to prevent it from getting into the intake where it can cause deposits on the back of the intake valves, and burn in the combustion chamber.

Our engines don't normally run in boost. They run through a bypass valve for normal operation. The Boost bypass actuator closes that valve under high demand, and air goes through the supercharger. Normally, the PCV valve has no problem dealing with momentary boost.

A catch can on our engines is a solution looking for a problem. Like I said, the PCV valve is located under a cover on the SC3800. I'm not sure how you could connect one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Cliff96
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 6:21 pm

Ok, your absoloutely right. I stand corrected
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 7:04 am

Cliff96 wrote:
Bbyshrk did you find a replacement bumper cover? There are a couple of Riviera's at an LKQ in the Clearwater Fl. area
no 😣🤕 i been thinking about using some insulation foam and sand it down to blend.. maybe add some bondo on top. the hole is so small, i might be able to get away with it. plus she needs new paint anyways. but i noticed something far more concerning yesterday 😓 imma take pictures when theres some light out and post an update
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 2:17 pm

not to worry. Ebay is full of parts. Just wait for the right price.
Use only factory parts.
Back to top Go down
mbletion

Name : Robert Cruise
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyFri May 07, 2021 9:51 am

Have the repairs started already?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptySat May 08, 2021 4:47 pm

bbyshrk wrote:
Cliff96 wrote:
no 😣🤕 i been thinking about using some insulation foam and sand it down to blend.. maybe add some bondo on top. the hole is so small, i might be able to get away with it. plus she needs new paint anyways. but i noticed something far more concerning yesterday 😓 imma take pictures when theres some light out and post an update

He managed to use all the expensive tools though!
Back to top Go down
Calvin90
Amateur

Name : Calvin Buenavides
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( EmptyThu May 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Have you managed to fix the issues?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crashed my car :(   crashed my car :( Empty

Back to top Go down

crashed my car :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: