HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Write-Up: Driver's Side Door Window/Lock Switch Internals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abaddon
Expert

Name : Scott
Merit : 171

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Driver's Side Door Window/Lock Switch Internals   Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Ha. I had to epoxy the hooks back on when I did mine. Sure is nice having a fully operational window again though.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Driver's Side Door Window/Lock Switch Internals   Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Unfortunately there were no top hooks still functional even the first time I pulled it a couple years ago to replace the outside handle assy. There's just so much weight in the door panel assembly, it doesn't seem to hold up very well after so many years of shutting, maybe too hard some times.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert

Name : Matt
Merit : 49

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Driver's Side Door Window/Lock Switch Internals   Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Welp, it seems my switch finally took a poop. It will always go down, but it will only sometimes go up (usually if I push hard). I'm pretty sure it's the switch because I don't hear it clicking when it doesn't go up, and the fact that you have to push hard. The problem is, I don't have heated seats, and the cheapest switches I can find are with the heated seat, so my option is to either swap out that panel with a new one (included) for >$60, buy a passenger side switch and hope that the internals swap over for >$25, or buy the right switch for <$70. What would you all do?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Driver's Side Door Window/Lock Switch Internals   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:14 pm

You can disassemble your switch and clean the contacts. You need to be careful about it, but it's very do-able.
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Driver's Side Door Window/Lock Switch Internals   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:58 pm

We fixed the switch on my '96 camaro just by cleaning up the contacts and making sure all the connections were good. Everything was corroded and loose. Kind of a pain and Im sure the Riv is a little bit moreso but 1/2 - 1 hr of labor beats paying $70
Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Driver's Side Door Window/Lock Switch Internals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2