Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

My Grown and Sexy Riv

Go down 
+7
turtleman
Jason
AA
1998 Riv
97rivman
T Riley
TradeMark
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TradeMark
Rookie
TradeMark

Merit : 0

My Grown and Sexy Riv Empty
PostSubject: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:46 pm

Gave the Riv a good bath yesterday. Took some pics and figured I'd share 'em.

My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0010
My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0011
My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0012
My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0013
My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0014
My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0017
My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0015
My Grown and Sexy Riv Pict0016
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 12:06 am

hmmm those tires at first looked really LAMe cus of the white wall with yellow line....... but in the past 3 seconds i have grown to kinda liking them now after 6 seconds i would DEFINATELY buy them with the whit sidewall or the yellow line "IF" they had a sportier design on the tread and were 2 inches wider.............. just my .02$
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 7:25 am

thats what I thought at first and then they just remind me of the old days. But it got me to thinkin too, can I get that in a 8" wide tire? The Interior is pretty clean and burgundy. If you need any interior parts let me know, stereo and stereo trim piece are already sold, but the rest is at my house. The exhaust is nice and clean!!! How does it sound?
Back to top Go down
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 7:39 am

I chopped up one of your pictures and decided how I want to do my exhaust.

My Grown and Sexy Riv Rivpic10
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 8:51 am

Quote :
I chopped up one of your pictures and decided how I want to do my exhaust.

NICE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 9:31 am

Looks great! That exhaust arrangement looks all business!

For the grey molding around the bottom, try some of this stuff with a bristle brush:

My Grown and Sexy Riv 06108_115px

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 am

I dig the burgundy interior.

for your central exhaust to fit, you will have to chop up or at least severely smash the spare tire well, or floor of the trunk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 10:40 am

Jason wrote:

for your central exhaust to fit, you will have to chop up or at least severely smash the spare tire well, or floor of the trunk.

or maybe just jack it up and then lower it on a steel pole or log..... theres nothing in there anyways because my fuel cell is mounted right above it.
Back to top Go down
TradeMark
Rookie
TradeMark

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:57 pm

Jason wrote:

Thanks.

I've been seriously contemplating getting a real wood Italian Burlwood dash kit from Benevento, just not sure if I should pull the trigger, considering some of the dash kit horror stories I've heard.

My Grown and Sexy Riv Italianburlwoodaz7
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 9:42 pm

if it actually looks as clean cut as the pictures, that will be really badass, alex. I like the idea of just having a single outlet in the middle but I haven't found one that looks good until now. nice! I think you really do have to shave out the bottom plastic piece like in the pic for it to look really good though.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 1:09 am

TradeMark wrote:
Jason wrote:

Thanks.

I've been seriously contemplating getting a real wood Italian Burlwood dash kit from Benevento, just not sure if I should pull the trigger, considering some of the dash kit horror stories I've heard.

My Grown and Sexy Riv Italianburlwoodaz7
My Grown and Sexy Riv Light_burl_wood

I don't think that color would work in your car. Burgandy isn't an easy color to work with.

Here's a few suggestions, using BD Trims materials -

My Grown and Sexy Riv Acura_burlwood

My Grown and Sexy Riv African_zebra_wood

My Grown and Sexy Riv Coppertine_burlwood

My Grown and Sexy Riv Japanese_cherry_wood

My Grown and Sexy Riv Walnut_burlwood

BD Trims will send you sample materials. I highly recommend getting sample swatches so you can check out how it will look in real life before buying a kit. It was obvious which material I needed, but yours is more tricky (and you've got more good options).

If you want to change colors like this you will have to paint the factory plood like I did. Go buy Eastwoods and see if SEM doesn't come in burgundy. There's a tremendous amount of masking involved but I felt like the end result was worth it. I am a very patient man though. If you get into it and have the means you might decide to pull all your interior panels and shoot them with SEM. They're kinda faded looking. You should also get a can or two of plastic prep.
Back to top Go down
laidbackcruise
Special

Name : Daniel

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Het turtleman Killer turn signal how did you do that?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 1:08 pm

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
TradeMark
Rookie
TradeMark

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 1:42 pm

First off Jack, thanks a million for the photoshops. I suck at photoshop,and it's great to get an idea of how it'd look.

Second, call me crazy, but I like the look of that Light Burlwood dash kit, a lot more than any of the other options you posted, in fact.

The whole reason I was considering a color like that was because it's close to the color of the factory insert around the stereo and shifter. I like the contrast of the two colors. The other colors match the burgundy too closely, negating the point of the kit, IMHO.

The Japanese Cherry Wood, for example, looks horrible on the burgundy dash, just look:
My Grown and Sexy Riv Buick_riviera_95_jcw

I think Benevento's Italian Burlwood matches it a little closer than BD's Light Burlwood though.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 2:58 pm

FWIW, BD Trims pic of the Japanese Cherry Wood is a bad picture of a car with a ratty interior. It doesn't look good, for sure, but my experience is that the kit doesn't photograph well with a flash. It takes out all the glossiness that makes the kit look good, and makes the material look brighter than it is.

My worry about the light burl wood/italian burlwood is that it will clash. It's clashing badly in the chop I did, but I don't consider the chop to be anything more than a suggestion of what it will look like in real life. Maybe it will look great. I'd definitely get sample swatches before buying.
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:54 am

the exhaust in the center like that looks pretty bad ass
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
bj publicover
Special

Name : bj publicover

PostSubject: Re: My Grown and Sexy Riv   My Grown and Sexy Riv EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 pm

wow nice tires they look good especially the exhaust !
Back to top Go down

My Grown and Sexy Riv
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: