Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange. Empty
PostSubject: Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange.   Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Was just looking at the square 4-bolt flange gasket that Hogan supplied with my 3" DP, and oddly it has one bolt hole that is much smaller than than the other 3. Anyone else see this in their gasket when swapping DP's? Not a big deal, it can easily be enlarged, just looks real odd. scratch

I've found I will not have the time to devote to doing the DP/cat install myself, so I'm running it into the exhaust shop at noon Thursday, they estimate about an hour to get it done, not bad. Of course they have a lift, unlike my garage... I'm not real comfortable about putting the Riv on jackstands at all 4 corners to do this job(sloped floor). But that would be necessary, since when I jack up the front high enough to get at everything, the stock DP contacts the front sway bar, so it'll be worse with the 3" DP. I've just got too many projects to do around here this week, to take the time to work on it at home. Seems like the week is almost over already, and it's only Tues. headbutt

Also waiting on my Denso rear O2 sensor. Shipped from CA on 8/31. Went north, then to NV, then Salt Lake City where it went out for delivery! WTF... Then back to NV, then to CA again. Then back to NV then to SLC and AGAIN out for delivery on 9/7! And all this time the UPS tracking results show the destination is SUPPOSED to be Fargo ND US. hammer

I gotta do a track again this morning and see where it's headed. Yes, I've complained to UPS about this, and emailed sparkplugs.com yesterday, hoping they'll reship NDA at their expense. Yeah, right... gripe
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange.   Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 12:04 pm

Well I'll be damned. The sensors were delivered 45 min ago. smile
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange.   Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 12:33 pm

at the quoted 1 hour to change the DP, I wouldn't even consider doing it myself without a lift.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange.   Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 1:46 pm

My thoughts exactly, even if it takes a bit longer. I prefer to DIY when I can find time and have the right tools, but some things are a no brainer to pay someone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange.   Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange. Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird gasket, DP-to-Cat 4 bolt flange.
Page 1 of 1