Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Ignition Wiring Harness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fastfrankie
Amateur

Merit : 1

Ignition Wiring Harness Empty
PostSubject: Ignition Wiring Harness   Ignition Wiring Harness EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 9:46 pm

Hello,

I read somewhere about these Rivieras on the net that the ignition switch/wiring harness develops arching where two contacts touch when you turn the key to start the car. I am still not getting spark and wonder if this may be a problem.
I removed the dash and the surrounding plastic around the steering column. The wiring harness is visible at this point. Where do you remove the harness to check for this arching? Is it the black plug above the tilt lever?
Pictures or any help would be great. I do remember a link somewhere on the net that had in-depth pictures on how to remove and replace the harness etc. that I can't find at this point.
Back to top Go down
bucknellstan
Special

Name : Stan the Man
Merit : 0

Ignition Wiring Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition Wiring Harness   Ignition Wiring Harness EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:56 pm

I am sensing that I have ignition switch issues. It has been 1 1/2 yrs since your post, but I wonder if you tracked down this angle.
Back to top Go down

Ignition Wiring Harness
Page 1 of 1