Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RT3
Special

Merit : 0

Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start Empty
PostSubject: Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start   Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 10:54 pm

Hi guys,

I have a slight miss to my engine- only occasionally, and it seems to be completely random. It's only noticeable at a stop. When I have the gas pedal even slightly pressed it goes away. I have no lack of power, no stalling, just a slight miss fire feel when at a stop light. The SES light comes on and when I run the scan it says "Left Bank Too Lean."

O2 sensor, MAFS, coil packs, plugs, wires, are all new.

Any ideas?

Also- I would like to install a remote start system. Has anybody done that before? Any suggests would be great.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob

PostSubject: Re: Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start   Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 11:43 pm

i just installed a remote starter....kinda a PITA....bypassing the vats module,i got everything hooked up as the instructions said...the starter worked but wouldnt start the car..turns out i had to run an auxilery power wire to power the ECU,and vats module,which in turn, made the fuel pump run...

i would let someone do it if your not in tune with wiring,and familiar with gm stuff...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start   Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 7:26 am

Rob, what remote start did you install. I am thinking about the Autopage RS-900. I have done many but I hear the Riv is a real PITA to do. How did you figure out that you needed to run another wire to the ECU? Thanks

Last edited by on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob

PostSubject: Re: Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start   Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 2:21 pm

i put in the python 1400xp by DEI

a friend of mine helped me out actually, he is always messing with some kinda gm vehicle..an cam to the conclusion..also a multimeter is your freind..i didnt essentially run another wire to the ecu, it had power,but not enough,so i had to run the aux power wire they supply for you if you need it,then run a jumper from that to the vats module...and i gave up on the xpensive vats bypass module i bougt,an just wirein the right resistance...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start   Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start Empty

Back to top Go down

Slight miss- left bank too lean code & remote start
Page 1 of 1