Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Trunk lid pulldown latch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
89Waterfall
Special

Merit : 0

Trunk lid pulldown latch Empty
PostSubject: Trunk lid pulldown latch   Trunk lid pulldown latch EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 2:53 pm

My 89 Riviera is equipped with an automatic trunk lid pulldown mechanism. It has been working fine. Yesterday, while the trunk was opened, the pulldown latch cycled to the full up position. Don't know why it cycled. The lid engages in the latch, but the motor fails to activate and retrieve the lid to the full down and locked position. Is something out of its proper positioning to get the motor to cycle to full down? The fuse is fine. The remote fob releases the lid latch. It's the retriever motor that seems to be the problem or has the problem recognizing its time to activate. The manual I have only shows how to remove the motor. Nothing on how to repair or adjust.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

Trunk lid pulldown latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trunk lid pulldown latch   Trunk lid pulldown latch EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:14 pm

You might check where the pull-down motor mounts. I had a similar problem on my '92 and ended up using a zip-tie to hold it in place, it has been fine ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman

Trunk lid pulldown latch
Page 1 of 1