Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

power mirrors and seat memory problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
akh

Merit : 0

power mirrors and seat memory problem Empty
PostSubject: power mirrors and seat memory problem   power mirrors and seat memory problem EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 6:23 pm

I can not move the outside mirrors and the seat memory stop working. The seat and mirrors seem to go into a preset spot when I use the unlock on one key fob but not the other?? The passenger mirror tilt option still works. Can any one help with this. thanks gofastsix@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: power mirrors and seat memory problem   power mirrors and seat memory problem EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 9:56 pm

Probably need to replace the BCM (body control module), under the drivers' seat. It has the part number on it, so you can use

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

to find price of a replacement. THey are not that much. Dealer or someone with a Tech II scanner has to install it in order to initialize it so it will work fully.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
akh

PostSubject: Re: power mirrors and seat memory problem   power mirrors and seat memory problem EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 7:44 pm

thanks I will look into that.
Back to top Go down
allfalldown
allfalldown

Name : Adam

PostSubject: Re: power mirrors and seat memory problem   power mirrors and seat memory problem EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:30 pm

Any more news with this? I have the same problem and have replaced the relay under the rear seat and it worked for awhile and then stopped. Seats and mirrors will not move....
Back to top Go down
http://www.chevyorange.com
xxxneeduwhenicry
Fanatic
xxxneeduwhenicry

Name : Kelly
Merit : -3

PostSubject: Re: power mirrors and seat memory problem   power mirrors and seat memory problem EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:37 pm

haha yall aint alone i have the same dam problem....but i never even got to try it cuz mine didnt work when i bought the car.....
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: power mirrors and seat memory problem   power mirrors and seat memory problem EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 am

Adam and Kelly: one thing to try is to have he dealer (or an acquaintance with a Tech II) try re-porgramming the BCM.

Again, they are relatively inexpensive. Might also consider buying one yourself new or used, then taking it to the dealer to initialize. (probably cheaper to just buy from dealer).

Also, look at the relays and see if they are damaged (water/heat).

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power mirrors and seat memory problem   power mirrors and seat memory problem Empty

Back to top Go down

power mirrors and seat memory problem
Page 1 of 1