The 8th Gen Riviera Resource
 
HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Share
 

 Aftermarket Head Unit Install?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18366
Merit : 241

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 6:28 pm

MIne did that after a while. I tried cleaning it with no luck, so bought a new one off ebay for $120. Here's a used one for $50:

http://rivperformance.editboard.com/for-sale-f22/factory-cd-casette-player-fs-t2329.htm

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Age : 29
Location : Your wife's box
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 5126
Merit : 9

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 6:36 pm

AA wrote:
MIne did that after a while. I tried cleaning it with no luck, so bought a new one off ebay for $120. Here's a used one for $50:

http://rivperformance.editboard.com/for-sale-f22/factory-cd-casette-player-fs-t2329.htm

his is quirky when cold......... just like mine AHHHHHHH.......... but yah i KINDA wanna go aftermarket just because i want to hook up my RCA cables for my subs and ditch the ghetto rear speaker signal thing.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Age : 33
Location : Florida
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4394
Merit : 101

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 6:40 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
I need a new head unit im sick of mine it skips and scratches my cd's BUMMER........ im debating between doing my own instally and gettin her done professionally............ i think i can do it on my own...... but i might go for one of those flip out touch screen styles.......... My favorite setup i've seen so far is Mr. Rivieras....... it looks pro....... shocked if i do it myself i could always do that suede dash i was talking about

thank you, but are you sure it's mine you're refering to? i just have a kenwood cd/mp3 hu that i installed. no flip out tv unfortunatly frown

_________________
1996 with 254k miles, L32 4" FWI -> ported N* -> Ported Gen V w/3.0" Pulley, Stage 3 Phenolic I/C, ZZP FMHE, 1.84 RR, Headers and 3" pipe to mufflers, F-body brakes, and lowered on Eibachs. -RIP
AMG C400 White on black -daily
Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Dsc_0110
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Age : 29
Location : Your wife's box
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 5126
Merit : 9

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:
I need a new head unit im sick of mine it skips and scratches my cd's BUMMER........ im debating between doing my own instally and gettin her done professionally............ i think i can do it on my own...... but i might go for one of those flip out touch screen styles.......... My favorite setup i've seen so far is Mr. Rivieras....... it looks pro....... shocked if i do it myself i could always do that suede dash i was talking about

thank you, but are you sure it's mine you're refering to? i just have a kenwood cd/mp3 hu that i installed. no flip out tv unfortunatly frown

'Yes its you im referring to........ i like how it doesnt look cheesy and how it kinda looks like stock neutral ............. most setups i see in rivs look not factory i like that look i guess..... but yess i will be getting a new deck soon still undecided what to go to....... PROBABLY will just do a best buy set up with free install and ipod compatable FO SHO
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18366
Merit : 241

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 7:08 pm

Yes, I see Mr. Riviera's head unit on my wall right now... on the February calendar!

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
mr.19982tone
Member
mr.19982tone

Name : john
Age : 35
Location : syracuse ny
Joined : 2008-01-14
Post Count : 52
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 7:29 pm

dont go with the jesen car audio is my thing save up a couple more bucks and go with a pioneer you get wut you pay for when it comes to car audio
Back to top Go down
https://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/mr19982tone/
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

Name : Nate
Age : 49
Location : KCMO
Joined : 2007-01-18
Post Count : 509
Merit : 16

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Post Pics of Your Aftermarket Stereos..   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 10:40 am

I've seen a few, but maybe we should post pics of our aftermarket head units so we can all see some possibilities.

Maybe a shot of the head unit and I sure would love to see a PAX actually installed!

I would buy a HU in a second if I knew that I could keep those steering wheel buttons!

Oh, and if there's a post-it on this already.... sorry smile
Back to top Go down
Dj Brady
Enthusiast


Name : Brady
Age : 45
Location : Wilmore, Ky
Joined : 2008-02-04
Post Count : 150
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 pm

sorry.. maybe it's the Cap'n Morgan, but... what's a PAX?

I'll take pics of my Eclipse head unit as soon as I get a chance and post 'em. I also have the inline 'controller' that will reconnect my steering wheel controls to the stereo and (hopefully) climate control.

Keep in mind, when I get the pics of the Head Unit up, it's not complete... I have plans for cleaning the 'hole' left under the single din unit. those will come later. smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.328studios.com
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Age : 32
Location : Villa Park, IL
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 3641
Merit : 133

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:14 am

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Nightblurry
Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Day
Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

Name : Nate
Age : 49
Location : KCMO
Joined : 2007-01-18
Post Count : 509
Merit : 16

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:21 pm

The PAX is some device which you hook up around the steering column which keeps your steering wheel buttons working...might be what you have.

Yeah, take some pics!

Hey turtleman, more pics of your mufflers too!!!
Back to top Go down
Dj Brady
Enthusiast


Name : Brady
Age : 45
Location : Wilmore, Ky
Joined : 2008-02-04
Post Count : 150
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Gotcha... yeah, I think it's got a different name under Eclipse, but that's what I'll be putting inline with the stereo.. not sure where I'm going to mount it yet, but I'll be sure to take pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.328studios.com
Titan4
Newbie


Joined : 2007-12-07
Post Count : 9
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 10:37 am

Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

Name : Nate
Age : 49
Location : KCMO
Joined : 2007-01-18
Post Count : 509
Merit : 16

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 7:05 pm

cool pics titan, but I have a 96, different stereo.

The Riv was one of the last GM cars where they would make a change 1 year after it came out.!!!
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Age : 29
Location : Your wife's box
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 5126
Merit : 9

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:30 pm

i really wanna new deck AND SOON................ but ill have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
SourDiesel
Newbie


Location : Minneapolis!
Joined : 2008-03-26
Post Count : 8
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:18 pm

ok so I have a 95 riviera.. I'm wondering, since crutchfield doesn't have ANY compatible mounting hardware.. What the hell can I use to mount it? I've done headunit installs before and I'm very capable of doing it but the mounting is the only thing thats messing with me.

Is there anything I can buy that will fit a single din head unit or will I have to custom make my own? Thanks ahead smile
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Age : 29
Location : Your wife's box
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 5126
Merit : 9

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:30 pm

SourDiesel wrote:
ok so I have a 95 riviera.. I'm wondering, since crutchfield doesn't have ANY compatible mounting hardware.. What the hell can I use to mount it? I've done headunit installs before and I'm very capable of doing it but the mounting is the only thing thats messing with me.

Is there anything I can buy that will fit a single din head unit or will I have to custom make my own? Thanks ahead smile

First off WELCOME to the board......... there's a WELCOME area that you should go post at so people know what your about! twisted ...... Im a little confused on your situation on installing the Headunit........... are you using a 1.5 DIN head unit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
SourDiesel
Newbie


Location : Minneapolis!
Joined : 2008-03-26
Post Count : 8
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:33 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
SourDiesel wrote:
ok so I have a 95 riviera.. I'm wondering, since crutchfield doesn't have ANY compatible mounting hardware.. What the hell can I use to mount it? I've done headunit installs before and I'm very capable of doing it but the mounting is the only thing thats messing with me.

Is there anything I can buy that will fit a single din head unit or will I have to custom make my own? Thanks ahead smile

First off WELCOME to the board......... there's a WELCOME area that you should go post at so people know what your about! twisted ...... Im a little confused on your situation on installing the Headunit........... are you using a 1.5 DIN head unit?

Thanks for the welcome, by the way I see your from MN.. I'm in Minneapolis.

I don't even have a headunit yet, but from what I've seen theres no mounting kits for the '95... By that I mean that plastic housing that surrounds the headunit. I've found harnesses for it.

Im talking about something like this Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Dscn0410
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Age : 29
Location : Your wife's box
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 5126
Merit : 9

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:36 pm

SourDiesel wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:
SourDiesel wrote:
ok so I have a 95 riviera.. I'm wondering, since crutchfield doesn't have ANY compatible mounting hardware.. What the hell can I use to mount it? I've done headunit installs before and I'm very capable of doing it but the mounting is the only thing thats messing with me.

Is there anything I can buy that will fit a single din head unit or will I have to custom make my own? Thanks ahead smile

First off WELCOME to the board......... there's a WELCOME area that you should go post at so people know what your about! twisted ...... Im a little confused on your situation on installing the Headunit........... are you using a 1.5 DIN head unit?

Thanks for the welcome, by the way I see your from MN.. I'm in Minneapolis.

I don't even have a headunit yet, but from what I've seen theres no mounting kits for the '95... By that I mean that plastic housing that surrounds the headunit. I've found harnesses for it.

Im talking about something like this Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Dscn0410

i'd get a deck at bestbuy or circuit city and have them worry about how to install it!!!!! FREE INSTALLATION on decks 100 bucks or more
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
SourDiesel
Newbie


Location : Minneapolis!
Joined : 2008-03-26
Post Count : 8
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Nahh I'm very capable of installing the headunit on my own plus I'm not gonna get raped by them for the harnesses and everything, not to mention the satisfaction you get from completing a task in your own vehicle instead of letting the "test-qualified engineers" at bestbuy mess it all up.

I'm just trying to figure out where to get a plastic housing piece like that.. Cant seem to find one.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Age : 29
Location : Your wife's box
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 5126
Merit : 9

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:01 am

SourDiesel wrote:
Nahh I'm very capable of installing the headunit on my own plus I'm not gonna get raped by them for the harnesses and everything, not to mention the satisfaction you get from completing a task in your own vehicle instead of letting the "test-qualified engineers" at bestbuy mess it all up.

I'm just trying to figure out where to get a plastic housing piece like that.. Cant seem to find one.

i can install a head unit too..... but if they screw up you can bring it back and say OOPS you messed up........... if i install its like oops theres 150 bucks
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
SourDiesel
Newbie


Location : Minneapolis!
Joined : 2008-03-26
Post Count : 8
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:02 am

Theres really nothing you can screw up installing a headunit that would cost you $150. I'm installing it myself no doubt.

Just need the housing.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Age : 33
Location : Florida
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4394
Merit : 101

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:04 am

glad you like my install happy
i used a generic double din gm kit like this one, but
mine has a block off plate instead of a cd holder.
b/c of all the wires with the pac swi-x controller i dont think there would be room for a little shelf below.
best buy and any audio install shop will carry a kit that will fit.

_________________
1996 with 254k miles, L32 4" FWI -> ported N* -> Ported Gen V w/3.0" Pulley, Stage 3 Phenolic I/C, ZZP FMHE, 1.84 RR, Headers and 3" pipe to mufflers, F-body brakes, and lowered on Eibachs. -RIP
AMG C400 White on black -daily
Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Dsc_0110
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Age : 33
Location : Florida
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4394
Merit : 101

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:07 am

sorry, i see now that you have a 95 riv. i dont know if it will be different or not since the dash is not quite the same. maybe someone with a aftermarket radio in their 95 will chime in to verify what works

This one says it fits 95+ buicks

_________________
1996 with 254k miles, L32 4" FWI -> ported N* -> Ported Gen V w/3.0" Pulley, Stage 3 Phenolic I/C, ZZP FMHE, 1.84 RR, Headers and 3" pipe to mufflers, F-body brakes, and lowered on Eibachs. -RIP
AMG C400 White on black -daily
Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Dsc_0110
Back to top Go down
SourDiesel
Newbie


Location : Minneapolis!
Joined : 2008-03-26
Post Count : 8
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:10 am

Alright, thanks for the info. I guess ill just have to make one myself if I cant find one which shouldnt be too tough
Back to top Go down
riviera2454
Enthusiast
riviera2454

Joined : 2008-07-26
Post Count : 175
Merit : 0

Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: AVHP4000DVD Pioneer   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Has anyone every used one? Im looking for some feedback. I want to get a double din for my riv but I want a clean looking install.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Install?   Aftermarket Head Unit Install? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Aftermarket Head Unit Install?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» JVC KW-XG700 car stereo
» Cheapskate''s stereo install
» UK Head Coach blasts UK
» HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions
» Need a new AC unit

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: