Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Front Bumper Modification Ideas

Go down 
+21
sqrivi
Chicken
Shintsu
Steve98
blackbart95
T Riley
xxxneeduwhenicry
'96reese
IBx1
TonySmooth89
robertwolf86
deekster_caddy
99Rivman
turtleman
xxsupergman25xx
AA
Jack the R
97rivman
palermocorey90
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

Front Bumper Modification Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:53 pm

im looking to make my stick out plus im good with fiberglass, give me some cool idea, and i will make them real. im not sure what style would look good on a riv, but i need somthing to make mine stick out as well as staying true to the riviera name clap yes i thought of that all by my self, jack ur good in art on photoshop if ur up to it would u want to come up with the design, and post them hear sad pa paaa paaa pleaseeee sad if u can make somthing that i like i ill try to make it come to life and only sell to members on this fourm cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 1:34 pm

i was thinking about and adjustable drop down carbon fiber splitter wing like they have on nascars now.....similar to the flow of the front bumper but set down more for aerodynamics and sexy looks.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 3:02 pm

thats what im thinking
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:42 pm

How much are you talking about changing? Just the grey plastic on the bottom, or the bumper covers as well? I've thought about doing bumper covers, but I don't have the skill or the time for fiberglass work.

There are two things I'd definitely want to incorporate - notches in the back for exhaust pipes to tuck up into, and intake scoops in the front for ram air.

All the chops in my sig have modified bumper covers. They're all the same design. I don't like rice, I want the car to look like a rare, expensive, european brand. What I went for is subtlety and smoothness. IMO the Riviera is all about those swoopy bone lines over the top of the fenders. Some of the best automotive sculpture ever. I don't want to add a bunch of extraneous detail that will take away from those lines.

Have you guys got pics of the NASCAR wing? I think it should be left off if it's not going to be functional, but I'll look at it.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 7:06 pm

what ever u design its up to you, i would prefer it to be just a front lip and not a whole bumper to keep the cost down
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:38 pm

I looked at the rear bumper area today. One of the big things I wanted to do was pull the bumper covers in so they are more flush with the body of the car, but I couldn't feel any space between the bumper cover and the bumper, so that's a no go. If the bumper covers can't be pulled in, they aren't worth messing with IMO.

I'll look at the lip part tomorrow. I've lost most of my enthusiasm for this though, since I can't change the bumper covers.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 7:50 pm

jack they can its just quite a bit of work
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 pm

I think it'd mess up the crunch zones too. Not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 9:25 pm

yea its not worth it
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 7:20 pm

ok so lets say we for get the front lip, well you can do the front lip in doing this

Front Bumper Modification Ideas Cutome-riv-bumper

Front Bumper Modification Ideas Cutome-riv-bumper-red
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Looks like a Ferrari, which isn't necessarily a bad thing... right Jack?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 9:52 pm

looks like an oldsmobile

Front Bumper Modification Ideas 01alero
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 10:06 pm

Front Bumper Modification Ideas F360_front_red

Front Bumper Modification Ideas Ferrari-f430-2005

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 10:13 pm

looks like both. lol
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 12:29 am

I'm actually diggin the aurora front bumper. thats pretty sweet

it drastically increases the sporty factor and it's tasteful - which is backed up with as reasonable proof as you can really get. its already on a factory car with the same body platform lol

i would love to do that and have an air-to-air on one side and a air-to-water on the other with a turbo how bout that for a dream
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 5:49 am

I found a pic of a Riv with the rear bumper cover off - the bumper actually sits flush with the trunk lid. Everything projecting past the trunk lid is pure "style."

Anyone got a riv pic with the front bumper cover off?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 4:10 pm

Jack the R wrote:
I found a pic of a Riv with the rear bumper cover off - the bumper actually sits flush with the trunk lid. Everything projecting past the trunk lid is pure "style."

Anyone got a riv pic with the front bumper cover off?
Front Bumper Modification Ideas P4170013
Hows this one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Is the yellow thing the bumper, or an extra cover over the bumper?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 8:48 am

I think that's the foam piece inside the bumper?

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 8:55 am

Jack the R wrote:
It is a foam piece over the aluminum bumper. The reason I didn't remove it is that it is molded a little tighter than the rear one.
From the picture it shows that around three to four inches past where the bumper cover and the hood come together there is nothing but empty space. That cover is around three to four inches thick also, so you could carve away that much and get the look you desire?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 am

This is what the rear end looks like with it removed completely:
Front Bumper Modification Ideas P4280010Front Bumper Modification Ideas P5190015
Hope this is more helpful.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 3:30 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Jack the R wrote:
It is a foam piece over the aluminum bumper. The reason I didn't remove it is that it is molded a little tighter than the rear one.
From the picture it shows that around three to four inches past where the bumper cover and the hood come together there is nothing but empty space. That cover is around three to four inches thick also, so you could carve away that much and get the look you desire?

I'm still confused. How far forward of the hood does the actual bumper extend?

I wonder what the foam is for - does it support the bumper cover?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Jack the R wrote:
I wonder what the foam is for - does it support the bumper cover?

5mph 'crash protection'
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: my front bumper   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 7:20 pm

i dont want this added to front lip thread i want it seperate

ok as some of you know im making a custom front bumper, i have the aurora front bumper but becuase of the damage to it i took it back to the junk yard to fing a better one will i called up the guy who sold me the car,(he works at a auto parts junk yard) and he said that they just got a aurora in a 03 and i told him what i wanted and he is going to cut me a killer deal, 125 for everything the bumper cover the fog lights the wiring to the fog lights and the switch so on a so forth. but i have a problem. my problem is that he said he would save the bumper for me till the 29th of December, but as you know my doesn't run and we know whats it need but since im in NY we have snow and tons of it. i also need a windshield register it and so on, but for 125 what should i do i have the money to fix it , if its what we think it is. and the money for the windshield. but what should i do should i get the bumper and everything with it, or what. because 125 is a great deal,but on the other side no since in looking good unless if ur running good right.

hears a refresher on the bumper, i love it honestly i love the way it makes the riv look. different sporty, high end luxury

Front Bumper Modification Ideas Cutome-riv-bumper

please don't merge this thread
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Will an 03 Aurora bumper fit? That's the 2nd gen Aurora, the Riv is the same body as the first gen Aurora.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Bumper Modification Ideas   Front Bumper Modification Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Bumper Modification Ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next