Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!

Go down 
+13
54_nailhead
KillaKeninaRiv
Rickw
albertj
deekster_caddy
curious riv
T Riley
Chicken
Andysdorm
ewolfe0050
Mr.Riviera
AA
IBx1
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!   AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:38 pm

White Lithium might get on clothes, and might break down the rubber depending on whose fomulation you're using.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
duster_do_little
Enthusiast
duster_do_little

Name : Dustin
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!   AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:15 pm

okay, just figured since it's for automotive door hinges that they'd make it safe for rubber seals. The stuff I have is the Liquid Wrench white lithium.
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!   AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:18 pm

I bought a can at AutoZone CRC 05105 3.3 oz. approx. $7.00 Di-Electric grease as Albert and Rick confirmed and put it on. It will get on you, the glass, and a girl just said she got grease on here getting out of the back seat. Have not had any freezing and I am really happy. Thanks for the tip I have been putting up with this for years.
Back to top Go down
xxxneeduwhenicry
Fanatic
xxxneeduwhenicry

Name : Kelly
Merit : -3

PostSubject: Re: AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!   AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 pm

before i wrecked my riv, when the doors would freeze up which was extremely common lol i would just hit the door with my ass a couple times and it would break the ice off and open right up smile
Back to top Go down
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Name : Nate
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!   AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:29 pm

I carefully press along the perimeter of the window to break the ice then slowly open the door. Works pretty good, but its a PITA when your freezing your balls off.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!   AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:37 pm

The di-electic grease does not stain and comes off people/clothes with soap/water. It is not a grease, really, but a silicone (I think it's dimethylpolysiloxane or a chemical cousin to it) so it won't leave oily spots or attack certain fabrics.

The litium grease stains and stuff, depending on what the petroleum carrier is.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!   AAH!  DOORS FREEZING SHUT! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAH! DOORS FREEZING SHUT!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2