Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Headunit recommendations.

Go down 
+2
T Riley
oldsman105
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

Headunit recommendations. Empty
PostSubject: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 3:20 pm

Needing a new single DIN Mp3 cd player for my car, budget about $170.00 . Any and all opinions appreciated.

Headunit recommendations. DSCF0040

I want to have this again. cry quiet
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 8:16 pm

weak
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 8:30 pm

"weak"

Um...thanks care to add more feedback please. neutral
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 8:33 pm

i put weak because you own a riviera dont change the head unit keep it stock unless u put a screen to fill up that huge hole LOL yes i run my subs off of a something@@@@ i forgot what its called though but hey go alpine head unit from best buy good deal
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 8:38 pm

oldsman105 wrote:
"weak"

Um...thanks care to add more feedback please. neutral

well i'm sorry if thats a pic of ur old setup but to me personally it looks tacky MY opinion but totally up to u what ever u think is rite i'm used to seeing wood grain and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 8:51 pm

My old car didn't have a stereo when I bought it. So I put it down there so that in the future I would have room to put a screen up top.
Headunit recommendations. DSCF0039

98riviera98 wrote:
i put weak because you own a riviera dont change the head unit keep it stock unless u put a screen to fill up that huge hole LOL yes i run my subs off of a something@@@@ i forgot what its called though but hey go alpine head unit from best buy good deal

Answered your own question. tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 9:17 pm

im lookin for another reciever too, best buy is way too expensive, go ebay!
i have alpine right now but its half broke frown
i like both of these- (the alpine is almost exactly what i have now)
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qJVpfjqOoso/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=300&c=3&s=0&cc=01&pt2=0&compareitems=113MP232&compareitems=500CDE9870&x=38&y=4

Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 9:18 pm

make sure you have one with a remote! or else say bye to SWC. btw that alpine i just posted doent have IR or a remote frown ...ill keep looking

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 9:42 pm

Anyone have a decent writeup of the PacSwix install? I think it's called something like that, it's the device that can interperet the SWC so you can use them in place of your remote and the heater controls still work that way.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 9:45 pm

i can tell you how to program it, but i had a shop wire it in. it's not that hard tho, just tap into the green power line on the GM harness and use that to suply power to the interface.
ill post a new topic with ins.

Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 3:49 pm

[quote="oldsman105"]My old car didn't have a stereo when I bought it. So I put it down there so that in the future I would have room to put a screen up top.
Headunit recommendations. DSCF0039

What's in the hole where your stereo originally used to be? What is the "screens" function? It fills the hole well and it looks nice. My Panasonic doesn't set flush with the dash and I'm thinking about cutting into the wall behind the dash to allow the stereo to fit better. nervous I thought about moving it. But, I couldn't find anything to fit that dimension (original stereo location).
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
pwmin
Enthusiast
pwmin

Name : Paul
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 9:54 am

panasonic!

ive done the swi-x a few times and swi-alp but dont have a writeup
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 8:57 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
Anyone have a decent writeup of the PacSwix install? I think it's called something like that, it's the device that can interperet the SWC so you can use them in place of your remote and the heater controls still work that way.

answered my own question...

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/Other-Stuff-c3/Audio-Electronics-f7/Write-Up-PAC-steering-wheel-control-interface-t218.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headunit recommendations.   Headunit recommendations. Empty

Back to top Go down

Headunit recommendations.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: