Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

alpine disassembly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

alpine disassembly Empty
PostSubject: alpine disassembly   alpine disassembly EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 5:05 pm

both of my rear speakers are not getting power from the head unit. (alpine 9827) i believe it is because the unit did not fit in the riv and therefore, had constant pressure and strain on the wire harness plug. the conection inside the reciever must be loose for the rears b/c the fronts work all the time and i can get the rears to work if i pull out a little on the plug.
has anyone taken a newer cd player apart to fix it? my waranty has expired and i dont want to shell out $200 for a new one if i can help it. do you think i need to re-solder something inside it? i can pull apart the top cover to expose the laser and cd deck but the wires and board are on the bottom. it loks like there are rivits holding the damn thing together...are these made to come apart?
any advice is welcomed at this point. i just want everything to work again!!!
TIA,
Matthew

Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

alpine disassembly Empty
PostSubject: Re: alpine disassembly   alpine disassembly EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 9:52 pm

From your description, it seems the plug's pins could've been loosened on the PC board. Re-soldering might fix. The unit should come apart. Remove all visible screws (look for those under labels). Also look for clips holding the assembly together. Good luck!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

alpine disassembly Empty
PostSubject: Re: alpine disassembly   alpine disassembly EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 10:02 pm

yea i got it apart and i didnt have my solder gun (at my parents house). so i took a screw driver to the oven coil and tried to fix them that way. it didnt look/feel like anything was loose and remelting the solder points didnt help at all. i still have no idea why it stoped putting out power to the speakers, maybe a bad design from factory that just got worse with some flexing and pressure. oh well, i got the new one now and its working great smile
thanks for the help.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

alpine disassembly Empty
PostSubject: Re: alpine disassembly   alpine disassembly Empty

Back to top Go down

alpine disassembly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: